24 Replies Latest reply on Jul 5, 2013 6:35 AM by A.T. Romano

empty Audiotracks PRE11

bookletPSE

I asked this question already in German. (leere Audiotracks PRE11)

There are two answers.

But nothing helped

I think, there is a software problem in PRE11

I bought that applikation, because I had best experiences with PSE10 and 11

Changing the file - extension results in errors while inserting the AVI in PRE11

The soundtrack  shows only the two stereo - lines as straight lines, no waves.

PRE11 doesn't need time to insert video - sequenzes. They appear immediately after moving them into the time-line

I can I start my sequences p.e. with windows mediaplayer  or VLC media player. No problems.

I think, i doesn't matter which camera a use. The films are saved on a sd-card and the card is copied to my computer.

The fastes convert is from my 720p to MPEG2. But then I loose better quality.

My be, someone from ADOBE reads this and makes an update in a further version

NB: I did'nt know, how to reply direktly into the startet discussion. Therefore I startet this new discussion. I think, it is not the right way.

• 1. Re: empty Audiotracks PRE11
          A.T. Romano Level 7

bookletPSE

Thank you for your reply.

For reference, your original thread can be found

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1222205?tstart=30

I do not know how to merge threads here and I am just as user of the programs like you, so for now I will cross reference the threads and continue responding in this new thread.

I realize that you are getting video and audio playback of this video file in some players, but I will ask this question anyway "Is your audio card driver up to date?"

The other question that I hesitate to ask but will just to make sure that nothing is taken for granted...

You wrote

The soundtrack  shows only the two stereo - lines as straight lines, no waves.

When you import your .avi  video audio clip, it presents (or should present) on the tracks with video in Video 1 and audio in Audio 1 linked. So, what does the soundtrack audio have to do with your original question about an video audio avi file that does not have sound? Are you adding music from another source to the Soundtrack and not getting sound from the Soundtrack as well as Audio 1's avi file?

And, I wanted to confirm what you are seeing with regard to no waves. The Audio 1, 2, ... as well as the Soundtrack have two display styles that you can toggle between by clicking on the speaker icon to the left of the name of the track. One style shows the wave form, while the other style shows just a vertical straight line that runs across the clip. Use of either style should not impact the file accept for the display. Have you toggled between the two styles to confirm that you see no wave form in the track content that is involved with your issue?

Please review and then we can decide what next. This is a Premiere Elements User to User Forum. Occasionally an Adobe employee may contribute to a particular thread, not routinely done has been my observation. So, please contact Adobe direct for assistance (especially within 30 days of purchase) since this appears to be a purchased/registered/current version matter. That does not prohibit us from discussing the problem here. You might want to explore the Adobe Feature Request/Bug Report Form if you find no remedies.

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Please update us on your progress.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...to reply to a thread, please click on the Reply button at the bottom of the post to which you want to respond.

• 2. Re: empty Audiotracks PRE11
            nealeh Level 5

bookletPSE wrote:

PRE11 doesn't need time to insert video - sequenzes. They appear immediately after moving them into the time-line

But it does need time to 'conform' the audio. You should see a progress bar at the bottom right of the window. You need to let that process finish before trying to do anything else. If you still don't see any audio wave forms when that finishes can you analyse your video file with GSpot and post a screen shot here.

Cheers,

--

Neale

Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children.

• 3. Re: empty Audiotracks PRE11
              bookletPSE Level 1

Thank you for your reply.

To avoid missunderstandings:

I speek about the soundtrack, the part of the AVI - File, which is shown directly under the video-track 1 .

My AVI - files have sound, and I want to hear that after making a film from clips.

That is my problem and my be a problem of PRE11.

I did not mean additional sound may be from microphone or another sound - sources.

If there is a mistake with my sound-card, then other player would also crash or show mistakes.

Thank you, that you want to solve my problems.

I will now try the bug report, that you recommended.

PSE

• 4. Re: empty Audiotracks PRE11
                bookletPSE Level 1

I have time to wait.

If the source do not show (but has !) audio, then the result, a video file, constructed of my clips, will not have sound. (and has not)

AVISource.jpg

The picture shows a source - file

• 5. Re: empty Audiotracks PRE11
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

bookletPSE

Thank you for the reply.

Did you have time to check out the audio display style to confirm that toggling the speaker icon does not show a wave form in one of the choices?

Both Hunt and Nealeh have pointed to the audio conforming process of the program. Do not mean to press the point, but have you had time to check for any progress bar or messages at the bottom of the Premiere Elements workspace that would suggest that the audio is still being conformed when you start to move forward in the project?

The conformed audio (cfa and pek sets) are saved automatically by the program to the Media Cache Folder in the Adobe Folder which is by default located in Documents. You could try deleting the contents of that Media Cache Folder. The program will regenerate the folder and will conformed the audio as needed afterward.

I will continue to think about your situation.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...I did not see your gspot readout for your file until after I posted this post.

• 6. Re: empty Audiotracks PRE11
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

bookletPSE

Thanks for that gspot utility readout. Very helpful.

Please check your private messages here for one from me.

Thanks.

ATR

• 7. Re: empty Audiotracks PRE11
                      bookletPSE Level 1

Romano

I show you the screenshot of the source (left) and the converted dest (right) from the same clipAVISource2.jpg

and now the description of both files. It is in German, made by mediainfo.exe,  but there are no special words (erster = first). Source from camera first, the second after converting to m2ts. I wanted to save the 720 lines.AVISource_14.jpg

AVIDest_14.jpg

Thanks for your interest

PSE

• 8. Re: empty Audiotracks PRE11
                        nealeh Level 5

It seems to suggest that PRE is struggling with the ADPCM audio stream. Unfortunately none of my video equipment uses ADPCM so I can't tell if that would work in my PRE11 or not.

If your video equipment lets you choose different sound recording options it might be worth trying it out using something other than ADPCM and seeing if that works.

Cheers,
                        --
                        Neale

• 9. Re: empty Audiotracks PRE11
                          bookletPSE Level 1

neale

I can't change the sound-soft, because my video - camera has only this.

I am sorry

PSE

• 10. Re: empty Audiotracks PRE11
                            bookletPSE Level 1

Romano

the files cfa and pek are created, when I save my project. Not while the clip is loading. The it is too late to intervene.

The pek contains the description of the wave line.  I looked inside with a hexeditor. cfa is always 0, pek is very small, ca 30 kb, depending on the clipsize. And contains 30 bytes of code und is filled up with "0"

cfa from the m2ts files are big, up to 20000 kb, also dependimg on the clipsize.

I tried a trial-version of Premiere Pro 3.0. No success, the same problem. .

Now I must "talk" with Adobe

Thanks

PSE

• 11. Re: empty Audiotracks PRE11
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

bookletPSE

It will be interesting to get Adobe input on this issue.

By the way, have you had a chance to check the private message that I sent you from the Adobe Forums regarding a way to expedite the troubleshooting?

I was reading your thread again and noted the following in your gspot readout for what I presumed to be the PAL video file involved in the problem situation.

Is there a reason for the frame rate to be 29.97 frames per second rather than 25?

Thank you for the continuing follow up.

ATR

• 12. Re: empty Audiotracks PRE11
                                nealeh Level 5

If you want to upload a file to a file sharing site I'll see what happens on my system with PRE11.

Cheers,
                                --
                                Neale

• 13. Re: empty Audiotracks PRE11
                                  bookletPSE Level 1

nealeh

try this, it is a short clip, 2 sek, only taken trough the window for you.

Good luck

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dfwt2x08n3zrz9p/IMAG0259.AVI

and: my camera gives: 1080p30, 720p60, 720p30, and VGA.

I used always 720p30

Adobe doesn't use the  audio - decoder for my system . I tried older versions of Adobe video, no version coud show the waves.

Now I have three selection:

1 purchase another camera  and sell the older

2 purchse onother software, p.e. Magix (it works)

3 live with the problem und take the 3 hours for converting the clips after holidays

Thanks

PSE

• 14. Re: empty Audiotracks PRE11
                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

bookletPSE

I have downloaded your video clip and tested it in a variety of ways, including Premiere Elements 11 Windows.

It is a troubled clip, even outside of Premiere Elements 11.

1. I ran the clip in the ultility gspot. That told me that the video codec (AVCHD - MPEG4 AVC/H.264) and audio codec 0x001 (DVI ADPCM) were installed. There is no audio to be heard in any of the ways that I tried.

a. Premiere Elements 11. The file imports into Premiere Elements 11 Project Assets with a thumbnail showing a microphone representative of an audio file but does have the .avi file name below the thumbnail in Project Assets. When I drag that thumbnail from Project Assets to the Timeline, there is nothing in Video 1 but there is a file on Audio 1. But, the file on Audio 1 has no wave form even with the track display style for that representation.

b. Outside of Premiere Elements 11...

VCL Player - Video with no sound.

Windows Media - Video with no sound.

QuickTime Player - Notice from player Additional Software Required to Play File

Windows Live Movie Maker - Trying to import your file shuts the program down.

CyberLink Power Producer - Video with no sound.

Premiere Pro CS2 - Video with no sound. There was a file on Audio 1 but it had no wave form.

All testing done on same Windows 7 64 bit computer (SP1).

If this sample is representative of your other problem videos that you have decribed in this thread, the above would suggest that there is a factor or factors involved as yet undefined. I would not expect so much trouble from

AVCHD 1280 x 720 @ 29.97 progressive frames per second with an .avi wrapper format

not so sure about the 0x0011 (DVI ADPCM) audio. Yet the gspot utility says that both those video and audio codecs are installed in the computer that I am using (Windows 7 SP1 64 bit). But it may be that wrapper in combination with those codecs that is the problem.

Please review while I think about this some more.

Thank you.

ATR

• 15. Re: empty Audiotracks PRE11
                                      bookletPSE Level 1

Romano

once more a very short clip in a church

excuse me, but I am not deaf.

There is sound. Windows 8, 32 bit.

The quantity and quality doesn't matter

Also the other clip has sound. It was anly the noice of the wind.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vych46u9rwcfihg/IMAG0245.AVI

bookletPSE

• 16. Re: empty Audiotracks PRE11
                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

bookletPSE

I will give your latest download a try and report the results.

As I said in post 14, my test results for your first download were all done on the same Windows 7 64 bit computer with the speakers jacked all the way up. I made sure I ran my own clips as sound system controls. Sound for all my clips indicated that the sound system was working inside and outside Premiere Elements (any version).

I do not have Windows 8 32 bit. I do have Windows 8 64 bit, Windows XP 32 bit. I will try this latest download on all.

In addition to what I wrote, I also tried to convert the first download into .mp4 and other formats using MPEG Streamclip. No success. In everything that I have seen so far, there is no audio wave form seen anywhere for your first download.

I obtained no sound from your video in all that tried with the first download. It was not a matter of poor quality audio, low volume audio. There was just no audio (speakers jacked up all the way up, at a level that almost blasted me away when I played back my samples that I was using as controls.

So, please do not take offense since I see you write

excuse me, but I am not deaf.

I am just reporting what I find and trying to give the details.

To be continued...

ATR

• 17. Re: empty Audiotracks PRE11
                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

bookletPSE

Using the same Windows 7 64 bit computer as before, I did all of the following and observed:

QuickTime Player

Notice from player Additional Software Required to Play File

Windows Media Player

Video with Sound (Church Chant).

Speakers 3/4 toward max to be barely heard; at max, heard reasonably.

VLC Player

Video with Sound (Church Chant):

Speakers 1/2 toward max, good; 3/4 toward max, better; at max, too loud.

Windows Live Movie Maker

Trying to import your file shut the program down.

Premiere Pro CS2

Video and Audio files on V1 & A1. with Sound (Church Chant).

Speakers on Max to be heard. The audio track wave form view showed two thin parallel black horizontal lines, no waves to be seen when track size increased for better view.

Premiere Elements 11

ONLY Audio file imported with title "IMAGO245.AVI" with Sound (Church Chant).

Speakers at Max to be heard. The wave form view showed two parallel thin black horizontal lines, no waves to be seen when track size increased for better view.

Premiere Elements 10

Same as Premiere Elements 11.

Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1

Video and Audio files imported with Sound (Church Chant):

Speakers at Max to be heard. The wave form view showed two parallel thin black horizontal lines, no waves to be seen when track size increased for better view.

Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1

Same as Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1.

Using Windows 8 64 bit

Premiere Elements 11

Same as when done on Window 7 64 bit.

ONLY Audio file imported with title "IMAGO245.AVI" with Sound (Church Chant).

Speakers on 50%, fair, 75%, good, 100% best. The audio track wave form view showed two thin parallel black horizontal lines, no wave to be seen when track size increased for better view.

The first download IMAGO259.AVI behaved the same, except no sound was heard even at 100% that would cause me to think even wind noise.

Premiere Elements 10

Same as Premiere Elements 11 on Windows 8 64 bit.

From my perspective, Premiere Elements 11 and 10 Windows 7 or 8 64 bit, problem with your samples

a. no video portion

b. audio with low volume, but I did not attempt to increase the Volume which I could have as the program would allow to + 6 dB above the original recorded sound.

And, audio volume problems associated with the video clips outside of Premiere Elements as well.

I would offer that I do not think my results should indicate a missing codec here since Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 and 9.0/9.0.1 on the same computer did import the clips video and audio wise. The search for the audio wave form I believe is clouded by the low volume of the clips. Those two thin parallel black horizontal lines in the audio track wave form display style mode are probably the "wave form".

Please review.

Thank you.

ATR

• 18. Re: empty Audiotracks PRE11
                                            bookletPSE Level 1

Romano

When I came back from holidays in the middle of May, I wanted prepare my clips. But nothing, since that time I do nothing other then trying and trying. No finished film now.

You made a lot of work. I see, you repeat lot, what I have done in this three weeks. When I find the boarder of my knowledge, I try to find a solution in the internet, in foren. But that happens very  rarely.

As I see, I hope I understood it right, you also have no way out. Therefore I used today the way via Adobe, as you recommended it. I must wait for a reply..

The sound: there is realy no sound after inserting the clip with ADPCM. I looked into the pek-  and cfa - files. They are empty! Only filled with 0, but with a small header.

It is not possible, to increase a volume, that doesn't exists.

Lets wait now for Adobe's reply

Thanks

bookletPSE

• 19. Re: empty Audiotracks PRE11
                                              A.T. Romano Level 7

bookletPSE

Thank you for reviewing my findings.

In the case of your latest download, increasing the Volume within Premiere Elements can be done to some extent. Of course, there is taking the Volume from 0 (original recorded level) to + 6 dB (highest setting). But that does not make a significant difference in this case. What seems to help is copying the audio with the + 6 dB and stacking copies on Audio 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, one above the other until the sound is better, not necessary great.

What troubles me with my computer (Windows 7 64 bit or Windows 8 64 bit) is that Premiere Elements 11 and 10 are not importing the video portion of your samples, only the audio portion (no matter what its state is) while at the same time on the same computer, Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 and 9.0/9.0.1 is. Topping all this is the gspot readout stating that video and audio codecs are installed.

I have tried various schemes to convert the video and/or audio of your samples to something else. And, I have been unsuccessful in that to date.

I will continue to look for remedies. I am looking forward to learning of the input that you get from Adobe on this matter.

ATR

• 20. Re: empty Audiotracks PRE11
                                                bookletPSE Level 1

Hello Romano,

we both have now a problem. I with the audio, you with video.

The call for an answer from Adobe: nothing until now.

The MAGIX-Trial Video de Luxe accepts the clips with sound. But I don't want  buy a second program. The 70 Euro for PRE11 was much enough.

I found a little App to convert my camera - clips. The time is approximately the same as the playing time of the clip. That means: It takes p.e. 1 minute for converting for 1 minute playing. I can live with that.

So in the moment the audio - problem is closed (for me)  I can't take days and days and weeks for that thing There other more important tasks in the life.

Video: I have read, that you can't play my clips. Is there a problem loading and saving via dropbox? Shall I send you a longer clip via e-mail-attachment?

GSpot cant read the to m2ts converted clips. Is that app too old?

I hope, you can understand my English, it is not my mother tongue.

By for today

PSE

• 21. Re: empty Audiotracks PRE11
                                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

bookletPSE

Gspot sometimes does not give the full readout, not sure what is happening in those cases. I do not think it is related to the age of the program. The Gspot utility is very valuable for its opinion on Video and Audio Codec, Name, and especially Status of the Codec (undetermined, not installed, or installed). But, overall, I think that you get more information (not the codec status) from the free MediaInfo program.

http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en

I am not sure why your video/audio does not show the video portion in my computers with Premiere Elements 11 and 10, especially when it is showing that video in earlier versions on the same computer. If you want me to look at any more of your clips, you might try the email attachment route to see if I get any better results with how those videos work in my Premiere Elements 10 and 11.

But I do not want to disrupt you workflow and your projects. So, only if you have the time, then please send. If not, I will try to get samples from your camera brand and model from some online review.

Thank you for the opportunity to help and for staying with the troubleshooting discussion.

ATR

• 22. Re: empty Audiotracks PRE11
                                                    bookletPSE Level 1

Romano

I made the screenshots 2.6.13 wth the

MediaInfo program.

http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en

As you can see, that prog recognized all.

I compared PRE11 with Magix Video

PRE11 is a little bit complicated at the beginning. And I miss some equipments, p.E. installing transitions for all clips in one klick

The main advantage of PRE11 is the fast completition of the resultfilm

I want 720p25 , my Samsung TV "eats" all, so I can transfer and show via USB stick and I must not burn DVDs.

My PC is not the fastest, dual proce with 2,3 Mhz, and only 4 GB RAM (32 bit!!)

bookletPSE

• 23. Re: empty Audiotracks PRE11
                                                      bookletPSE Level 1

I finished looking for a solution via Adobe for my problem. I go now my own way: converting clips with another tool. And then using the clip with PRE11. I think, that Adobe wants always to sell the apps, but help: nothing.

By on this forum

bookletPSE

• 24. Re: empty Audiotracks PRE11
                                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

bookletPSE

As a fellow user of Premiere Elements, I regret that you could not find the plan to your goal as you wanted it originally.

But, it was good to know that you have found a workaround to get your task done and still take advantage of Premiere Elements 11 features in getting to the final product.

Thank you for the follow up information. Success with your projects.

ATR