21 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2013 10:58 AM by nealeh

windows 8

mark1471147113

windows 8 wont let me install premiere elements 11 a screen keeps coming up / its a windows installer box with a load of writing in it and thats as far as it lets me go.

• 1. Re: windows 8
          A.T. Romano Level 7

mark

Have you met the System Requirements for Premiere Elements 11 Windows?

http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere-elements/tech-specs.html

How are you installing the Premiere Elements 11 on your Windows 8 64 bit...via an installation disc that came with boxed packing of the product or something else?

Are you working with antivirus and firewalls OFF?

Could you post a screenshot of this Windows Installer box so that we can get a better idea of what the "load of writing" is?

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...for Premiere Elements installation reference if needed

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/premiereelements/using/WSeffff8bffc802084-7b5de6931308d7ff99c- 7fff.html

• 2. Re: windows 8
            mark1471147113 Level 1

this is the attachment in the windows installer box.

Sent from Windows Mail

• 3. Re: windows 8
              A.T. Romano Level 7

mark

Your screenshot did not post. Not sure of how you went about that, but...

I would suggest using the Insert Image icon at the top of your reply post to enter the image from a desktop save location into the post.

I have been using that means to get screenshots into several of my posts, and it has worked out well.

ATR

• 4. Re: windows 8
                mark1471147113 Level 1

this is the screen shot all in writing.

Windows ® Installer. V 5.0.9200.16384

msiexec /Option 

Install Options

i - Status messages

w - Nonfatal warnings

e - All error messages

a - Start-up of actions

r - Action-specific records

u - User requests

c - Initial UI parameters

m - Out-of-memory or fatal exit information

o - Out-of-disk-space messages

p - Terminal properties

v - Verbose output

x - Extra debugging information

+ - Append to existing log file

! - Flush each line to the log

• - Log all information, except for v and x options

/log

Repairs a product

p - only if file is missing

o - if file is missing or an older version is installed (default)

e - if file is missing or an equal or older version is installed

d - if file is missing or a different version is installed

c - if file is missing or checksum does not match the calculated value

a - forces all files to be reinstalled

u - all required user-specific registry entries (default)

m - all required computer-specific registry entries (default)

s - all existing shortcuts (default)

v - runs from source and recaches local package

Setting Public Properties

Consult the Windows ® Installer SDK for additional documentation on the

command line syntax.

Copyright © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Portions of this software are based in part on the work of the Independent JPEG Group.

Sent from Windows Mail

• 5. Re: windows 8
                  nealeh Level 5

Sounds as though you are trying to run the .msi file directly? Even though on 64-bit you still should run the setup.exe file, it will then initiate the 64-bit install with the correct msiexec parameters. Personally I always right-click setup.exe and choose the 'Run as Administrator' option.

Cheers,
                  --
                  Neale
                  Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children.

• 6. Re: windows 8
                    mark1471147113 Level 1

still doing it any other ideas

Sent from Windows Mail

• 7. Re: windows 8
                      nealeh Level 5

Ensure you have installed every Windows 8 update. When I installed W8-64 there were loads of them. In the end I put W7-64 back on, I had too many problems with W8.

Cheers,
                      --
                      Neale

• 8. Re: windows 8
                        mark1471147113 Level 1

Yes i have all the windows 8 updates all of them and i tryed everything you told me and still nothing

--- Original Message ---

• 9. Re: windows 8
                          nealeh Level 5

Re ATR's question in reply 1, what are you actually doing to install PRE? Disks or download? What file are you running from what folder?

Is your W8 system 32-bit or 64-bit? Are you sure you are running setup from the matching DVD (32-bit or 64-bit) or, if download, that you downloaded the appropriate version (32-bit or 64-bit)?

Some screen shots would be helpful but you'll need to log in to this forum from the web to add them - Windows Mail posts won't include the images even if you put them into the email.

Cheers,
                          --
                          Neale

• 10. Re: windows 8
                            mark1471147113 Level 1

Im running from disc i brought out of currys and it has got the 64bit and the 32bit and my system is 64bit

--- Original Message ---

• 11. Re: windows 8
                              nealeh Level 5

Curry's are a lot more helpful these days than they once used to be (at least my local stores are). Assuming it is a recent purchase I'd be inclined to take your laptop or system box down to them and explain the problem. It's possible (although not likely) that you do have a faulty DVD and they could always try running the installer on one of their own machines to test for that.

Make sure they realise you are making a complaint that the product is faulty - otherwise they may try and charge you for 'support'.

Cheers,
                              --
                              Neale

• 12. Re: windows 8
                                mark1471147113 Level 1

When i try to install it on my other laptop with windows 7 64bit the installer run fine but i dont want to put the serial number in because i dont want it on that laptop i want it on my new windows 8 64bit laptop the photo shop element 11 install fine but not the video software i have been taking about and no there is nothing wrong with the disc. Cant you  link into my desktop and see if you can have a go plz i need hep on this iv only brought it a couple of days ago and currys said if they can get the software to go on they will charge and that is the place i brought it from and it will ciost a further £25

--- Original Message ---

• 13. Re: windows 8
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Mark

Just starting my day and saw that you and Nealeh have been communicating on your Premiere Elements 11 Windows installation issue.

It is my understanding that Adobe offers free installation troubleshooting for purchased/registered/current version especially within 30 days of purchse. If all else fails, please contact Adobe Technical Service about this matter as soon as possible. And, I believe they offer money back within 30 days of purchase. However, before you go to the end point, I would suggest that it is important to present your case as a "never worked/installation issue".

1. Check to see if there is any evidence of a Premiere Elements 11 install via the Control Panel/Programs area. Check the Taskbar/Process to assure that you see no evidence that looks like a Adobe Premiere Elements 11 process.

2. Then download and install the free ccleaner which is a computer optimation software, regular and registry.

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

(There is a quick and easy procedure that you can use after the ccleaner registry cleaning. It involves going into the Registry and deleting entries using Find for Adobe Premiere Elements 11. All of this is to remove leftovers from incompletely installed program.

3. There is always the option that Nealeh suggested, returning the product to the place of purchase, trying for replacement or refund.

4. Another thought might be to download and install the free 30 days Premiere Elements 11 tryout from Adobe to determine if it will install without problem. If it does, try to insert your purchased serial number in the tryout and see what happens?

Please review.

We will be watching for further developments.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...You wrote

Im running from disc i brought out of currys and it has got the 64bit and the 32bit and my system is 64bit

As far as I know there is but one installation disc for both 32 and 64 bit Premiere Elements 11? Are you saying that you have two separate discs, one for 32 bit installation and one for 64 bit? You may have two discs, but one is for Windows 32 or 64 bit installation and one for Mac installation. Could you look at that point and clarify as well as to verify what your 64 bit computer operating system is.

• 14. Re: windows 8
                                    nealeh Level 5

ATR - the retail pack has two DVD's. One for Mac, one for Windows. The Windows version contains both 32 & 64 bit installations.

Mark, sounds as though your Curry's are not as helpful as mine. That's tough - £25 is a lot when compared to the product price . You describe your W8 laptop as new - if that was store bought I'd be inclined to take it back, together with your W7 laptop and show them that the installer work on W7 and not W8 (your licence allows you to install it on two machines). Let them sort it out.

In principle I have no objection to taking a remote look at your PC but as ATR says Adobe offer free technical support for installation issues and they have very good web based tools for screen sharing and communication - I'd  advise you contact them.

Cheers,
                                    --
                                    Neale

• 15. Re: windows 8
                                      mark1471147113 Level 1

Can you have a remote look at my desctop if your from adobe if not could you send me a link where i could get it looked at

--- Original Message ---

• 16. Re: windows 8
                                        John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

This is not Adobe support, and I don't think any user here can do what Adobe support is able to do with remote control

http://forums.adobe.com/community/download_install_setup

Chat http://www.adobe.com/support/download-install/supportinfo/

-or http://www.adobe.com/support/chat/ivrchat.html

• 17. Re: windows 8
                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

mark

Sorry, I am not able to do remote control troubleshooting in this instance. Adobe should.

Please let us know how you are coming along with all suggestions.

Hoping for your success soon.

Thanks.

ATR

• 18. Re: windows 8
                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

nealeh

You wrote

ATR - the retail pack has two DVD's. One for Mac, one for Windows. The Windows version contains both 32 & 64 bit installations

Your note to me is what I wrote in the prior thread. So, it is not clear to me what reminder you were pointing me at. Back in post 13 I wrote

As far as I know there is but one installation disc for both 32 and 64 bit Premiere Elements 11? Are you saying that you have two separate discs, one for 32 bit installation and one for 64 bit? You may have two discs, but one is for Windows 32 or 64 bit installation and one for Mac installation. Could you look at that point and clarify as well as to verify what your 64 bit computer operating system is

.In reflection, in the first sentence there should have been a Windows in front of "....both 32 and 64 bit Premiere Elements?..." But I think the rest of the paragraph details are very clear on this point.

I always purchase Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements bundled boxed packaging of these products. With the Photoshop Elements 11 and Premiere Elements 11 bundle, I found two discs. One was for a Photoshop Elements 11 installation or Premiere Elements 11 installation for the Windows operating system 32 bit or 64 bit. The other was for a Photoshop Elements 11 installation or Premiere Elements 11 installation for the Mac operating system. There was no Content disc as in prior versions with boxed packaging.

I was not sure of the discs included when one purchased just the standalone Photoshop Elements 11 (boxed) or the standalone Premiere Elements 11 (boxed) I am assuming, do not know for sure, that there would be two discs, one for Windows, one for Mac, but the disc would only have folders and files for just Premiere Elements 11.

ATR

• 19. Re: windows 8
                                              mark1471147113 Level 1

Yes thats what i mean one for mac and one for windows

--- Original Message ---

• 20. Re: windows 8
                                                A.T. Romano Level 7

mark

Thanks for the confirmation on that point.

Have you given any thought to trying the download/install of the free 30 day tryout of Premiere Elements 11 Windows from Adobe, including using your purchased serial number instead of "Continue Trial" option?

That might be a quick way to assess your situation and decide what would be the most effect "what next".

We will continue to watch for your progress.

ATR

• 21. Re: windows 8
                                                  nealeh Level 5

Mark, here is a link to the Adobe Support pages:

http://www.adobe.com/support/download-install/supportinfo/

The Chat button should get you to someone from Adobe who can help. Note the comment about unlimited free installation support.

1.png

Hope this helps. I like ATR's suggestion about getting the download version and trying that first. Your retail serial number WILL work with it should that be successful. If it still doesn't work at least you can then tell Adobe you've tried both retail and download.

Cheers,
                                                  --
                                                  Neale