4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 2, 2013 11:50 AM by Morseindex12

Combining Video Projects

Morseindex12

how do I combine video projects in Premiere elements into a single Project.  I can not drag and drop additional PREL files on the time line to combine

• 1. Re: Combining Video Projects
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Morseindex12

Always good to say what version of Premiere Elements that you are using and on what computer system it is running?

Keeping that in mind, check out Roberto's recent thread, reviewing the choices of exporting to .avi file for reimport in another project versus the use ClipMate for the copy/paste between Premiere Elements projects (project.prel files)

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1217930?tstart=0

ClipMate is not Mac compatible..

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Combining Video Projects
            Morseindex12 Level 1

Thank you.  I am using Premiere Elements 11.   Can you advise on how I can convert files to an AVI format?

• 3. Re: Combining Video Projects
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Morseindex12

Hunt's and Ann Ben's suggestion for an .avi export includes the use of Lagarith video codec which you would have to download to your computer from an online source. After you do, it will be displayed as a codec choice in the path

Publish+Share

Computer

AVI

with the use of Presets = Microsoft AVI

Under the Advanced Button/Video Tab of that preset, you would customize your export settings accordingly.

Please review the details that Hunt and Ann Ben supplied in the thread whose link I posted and cited in my earlier post in your thread.

Please let us know if you need further details. I see nothing that binds you to this type of export. But it appears to be their experience that it will give the best results. I have not been there and done that for the purposes being discussed in order to make a judgment.

Please do not hesitate to let us know how we might help further.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Combining Video Projects
                Morseindex12 Level 1

Thanks again. I appreciate your help

Sent from my iPhone