It's kind of difficult to understand what you did without seeing the file... Can you share it with us?
But generally speaking there's no need to use a calculation script for your hidden price fields. Just set their default value, reset the form and you're done. But I would actually do it differently. Make the price fields visible but read-only and remove the price text that you have there. That way you could easily update them if needed, and you won't have to start editing the actual contents of the file, just the form fields.
Here is a picture of the form as the user will see it.
Basically the boxes next to the price is where you add 1-2-3-4 etc for the QTY and in the total box at the bottom it adds them all up.
Here is the box in edit mode . Text 193-194-195 is the set price box. I am not sure if I did this correctly. I have in options and in calculations both set to the price.
Text219-220-221 set as the math portion. Example: QtY12(x)Text194
My total at the bottom is set to the Sum of all the Text219-220-221 etc
The only row that works is the first one. All the rows under that dont even register properly. I add 2 to the QTY and I get like 16,000. I erase it and it goes to 32,000. I have to manually go in and reset them all back to zero.
First of all, use field names that make sense, not just Text1, Text2, etc. Also, make sure you match the names of fields that go together, so for example you should rename Text195 to "Extra Large Shower Chair Price" and Qty13 to "Extra Large Shower Chair Qty".
What I had suggested was that you move the price fiels to where there static prices are, and use them to show the prices to the user (set the fields as having a white background and as read-only to cover the text you have there now and make sure the user doesn't edit them).
Regarding the problem, it's hard to say what's going wrong without seeing the actual file, as I said. Sounds to me like some kind of wrong setting in the fields themselves. If you wish, you can send it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll have a look at it.
Ok thank you very much for your time! I just emailed it to you.
What you are describing sounds like the order that Acrobat/Reader is calculating the fields is wrong. Note this is not the name order nor the tab order.