4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2013 9:55 AM by cletusk

Error Compiling when using RGB Color Corrector and Unsharp Mask

cletusk

If I apply the RGB Color Corrector and and Unsharp mask to a clip within a sequence and try to render the sequence or a small portion of the work area I get the Error Compiling: Unknown error.

This is occurring within a project I have updated to Premiere CS6 from Premiere CS5. 

I have tried creating a new sequence and importing the same clip and other clips.  Anytime I try to use both the Unsharp Mask and RGB Color Corrector I am unable to render.  I have tried this with Mercury Playback both in hardware and software modes with the same result.

Has anyone else seen something like this?

• 1. Re: Error Compiling when using RGB Color Corrector and Unsharp Mask
          cletusk Level 1

Also I do not receive this error when using the fast color corrector or three way color corrector simultaneously with an Unsharp Mask.

• 2. Re: Error Compiling when using RGB Color Corrector and Unsharp Mask
            Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Try switching order of the effects in the Effect Controls Panel or add one effect, nest and add second effect.

See if that will help.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Error Compiling when using RGB Color Corrector and Unsharp Mask
              Jim_Simon Level 8

I am seeing an issue here with RGB on top.  Try placing the Unsharp Mask on top in the ECP.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Error Compiling when using RGB Color Corrector and Unsharp Mask
                cletusk Level 1

Okay, glad this occurs for others too and I am not experiencing something isolated. The issue here is this shouldn't be happening at all. 

Premiere CS5 has no problem with this.

Yeah if I turn off one effect or the other no problem.  Unfortunately it doesn't matter the order I place the effects in I get the same error regardless of which is placed first.

Nesting does work.  If I create a sequence, apply one or the other to the clip in the sequence then embed the sequence in another sequence and apply the remaining filter to the sequence containing the clip then I can get my color correction and edge definition.  But this is a work around. 

There seems to a bug here since there were no issues when using RGB Color Corrector and Unsharp Mask simultaneously applied to one clip in CS5.  I doubt there will be a fix for this anytime soon so it looks like I will have to use another method for color correcting or apply RGB color correction to clips already embedded in a sequence as I move forward into solely using CS6.

(How this can become an issue is that after applying effects and color correction to several clips within a sequence I like to render that entire sequence.  Then this sequence is ebedded in another main sequence and I can add additional effects and transitions and overlays without killing the live playback speed and only have to render smaller amounts of content from additional tracks.  It ends up saving a lot of time after the initial length of rendering.)

Thanks for the suggestions.