Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import Contact (advanced) password update

Jun 01, 2013 Jun 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since BC has stopped delivering passwords through custom reports - how do I use Import Contact (Advanced) to upload data to various fields if I cannot download the paswords to a CSV type file in the first place.  BC Help for Importing Data states that the password field is one that is updated using this method.  ie each time I use the Import template I delete all the passwords - this sounds a little non-sensical to me. What is the process for importing additional inforamtion to CRM without wiping out passwords, please?

Regards Richard

TOPICS
CRM

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Jun 22, 2013 Jun 22, 2013

Hi Vinayak,

Yes I understand the process I found the link about two weeks ago without any help from BC Support.  My problem is that both BC Support and the BC Help on Importing Data stated that the password is overwritten whether blank or filled.  This is wrong and misleading and has caused a considerable waste of my time and energy.  No apology has been received about the misinformation in the Importing Data Help.  Also when will the Help be corrected? 
This level of response and lack of timelin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sivagyana, we have responded to your original ticket. Sorry about the delay! I'll add my reply to this thread as well for other users with a similar query and/or in order to add their inputs with a different approach they might be following to achieve this.

You would not be able to see the password as plain text due to security reasons as passwords are stored in encrypted format in the database.

However, after an advanced import of CRM users, the password would remain intact/untouched if you leave the Password field empty/blank during import. Check out this document here - http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-1773#main_Contact_Import_-_Advanced.

However, please note that this does not apply to most other fields which means leaving Firstname blank (for eg.) on an import, it would overwrite the field with an empty value. So you would lose data in this case which cannot be recovered!

What you must do in order to successfully accomplish this is detailed in the following article that talks about generating a custom report with the required fields to save the data first (that would also act as a backup), then edit the exported report to match the Import Template format - http://kb.worldsecuresystems.com/212/bc_2123.html.

Maintaining backups is strongly recommended before any import operation.

Thanks,

Vinayak

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 22, 2013 Jun 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Vinayak,

Yes I understand the process I found the link about two weeks ago without any help from BC Support.  My problem is that both BC Support and the BC Help on Importing Data stated that the password is overwritten whether blank or filled.  This is wrong and misleading and has caused a considerable waste of my time and energy.  No apology has been received about the misinformation in the Importing Data Help.  Also when will the Help be corrected? 
This level of response and lack of timeliness has been totally unacceptable.

Sivagyana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines