• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

not a valid client storage DSN

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2007 Oct 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, a newby question, I'm sure, but here’s one.
I inherited a website, and now need to start updating and maintaining.
Managed to connect to the DB host and set up the ColdFusion DSN 100% fine - DSN verifies 100%.
when I try to access the site on my development server I get "The data source named "MyDsn" is not a valid client storage DSN."
Working on CF7, MySQL 5.0
With this combination I've done many sites, just this inherited one I'm battling with.
HELP!!
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Oct 17, 2007 Oct 17, 2007
Did you create your client variable database tables in your database? Refer to Creating client variable tables on the Client Variables page in LiveDocs. Or, set clientstorage="cookie" in cfapplication and try using cookies for client variable storage.

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,
Oct 17, 2007 Oct 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you create your client variable database tables in your database? Refer to Creating client variable tables on the Client Variables page in LiveDocs. Or, set clientstorage="cookie" in cfapplication and try using cookies for client variable storage.

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2007 Oct 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks paross!
Sometimes I get confronted with something I'm clueless about, esp when you are on an inherited site and you have to try to figure out someone else's code.
did a search for "clientstorage", found it in some obscure place, and voila, set it to cookie and we're ready to rumble!
*bows*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation