5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 2, 2013 4:24 PM by nealeh

can i change the number of scenes in a scene menue in photoshop premiere elements?

KlausWieland@gmx.net

When using film menues in photoshop premiere elements the number of scenes per scene menue is 6 by default.

I would like to use it i a way, so that for examole the first scene menue points to only 5 scenes while another scene menue points to even 7 scenes.

Is there any way to do that.

Any help is appreciated.

Klaus

• 1. Re: can i change the number of scenes in a scene menue in photoshop premiere elements?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Klaus

No. Consider....

Scene Selection page comes with a fixed number of scenes per page. When the number of your Timeline scene markers exceeds the number of scenes per page for the design, an additional page is generated automatically but it is a copy of the first.

Example...If you have 12 scene markers on the Timeline and you are using a menu designed for 6 buttons per page, then page 1 of the Scene Selection Page = 6 buttons; page 2 of the Scene Selection Page = 6 buttons.

Example...If you have 13 scene markers on the Timeline and you are using a menu designed for 6 buttons per page, then you would have page 1 of the Scene Selection Page = 6 buttons; page 2 of the Scene Selection Page = 6 buttons; page 3 of the Scene Selection  Page = 1 button.

You can edit an existing menu to add more buttons per page by editing the .psd file for the menu.. But that does not seem to be your present question. I can supply how to details on adding menu buttons when and if it becomes of interest to you. If you have the time, you might want to check out my blog post which incorporates many of the principles with which you would be dealing.

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/05/pe-one-page-14-scene-buttons-dvd-menu.html

Depending on your circumstances, there is seemingly nothing to prohibit you from exporting your Timeline as a file saved to the hard drive and then importing that file into a 3rd party program that might be able to do more with the menus than provided for you using an edit the Premiere Elements menu .psd in Photoshop Elements (when possible) or Photoshop CS or higher. Burn to DVD would be in that other program. Here I am thinking Premiere Pro and its Encore.

Please let me know if I have interpreted your question correctly and do not hesitate to ask for clarification on anything that I have written.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: can i change the number of scenes in a scene menue in photoshop premiere elements?
            KlausWieland@gmx.net Level 1

Hello ATR,

thanks a lot for your answer. It is what I was afraid of.

I thought of another option of using more than one main menu marker. But this does not help either, since the scene markers following the second main menu marker still belong the first main menu.

What I am looking for is a way to structure a single presentation in several menus and submenus. This obviously cannot be done using premiere elements.

If you have any ideas, please let me know.

Klaus

Von: A.T. Romano forums_noreply@adobe.com

Gesendet: Sonntag, 2. Juni 2013 18:47

An: KlausWieland@gmx.net

Betreff: can i change the number of scenes in a scene menue in photoshop premiere elements?

Re: can i change the number of scenes in a scene menue in photoshop premiere elements?

created by A.T. Romano <http://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano>  in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion <http://forums.adobe.com/message/5372789#5372789

• 3. Re: can i change the number of scenes in a scene menue in photoshop premiere elements?
              KlausWieland@gmx.net Level 1

Hello ATR,

thanks a lot for your answer. It is what I was afraid of.

I thought of another option of using more than one main menu marker. But this does not help either, since the scene markers following the second main menu marker still belong the first main menu.

What I am looking for is a way to structure a single presentation in several menus and submenus. This obviously cannot be done using premiere elements.

If you have any ideas, please let me know.

Klaus

• 4. Re: can i change the number of scenes in a scene menue in photoshop premiere elements?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Klaus

Main Menu Markers will be represented only on the Main Menu page and Scene Menu Markers will be represented only the Scene Selection page.

The Main Menu and Scene Menu each come with its own max number of buttons per page. Typically the Main Menu offer the Play All and Scene Selection buttons, and sometimes Bonus Item also and sometimes also main menu buttons for other purposes.

First in line up....Main Menu page 1. (If the number of Timeline Main Menu Markers exceeds the number of designed in Main Menu buttons per Main Menu page, then additional Main Menu pages will be automatically generated...page 2, page 3, etc (all copies of the first). When all the Main Menu pages are there, then next to present is the Scene Selection page 1 which may also include page 2, 3, etc depending on how much the number of Timeline Scene Markers exceeds the Scene Selection page designed in number of buttons/Scene Selection page.

Each of a bunch of main menu buttons on a Main menu page cannot have its own Scene Selection page as a result of pressing Scene Selection button on the Main Menu. Scene Selection page(s) will be generated as indicated above and the Scene Selection page lineup of scene thumbnails will reflect the order in which the Timeline Scene Markers are set on the Timeline.

Keep in mind that although these additional pages generated are copies of the first, there are certain features of the copies that you can changed. But you cannot change the max number of buttons per page at the level of the opened project.

A scenario which might allow for each movie having its own Scene Selection page in a multi movie project might be:

a. Main Menu with 3 Main Menu buttons, each representing a movie in the project which intends to use a menu with Scene Selection page with 3 scenes per page.

b. Scene Markers are restricted to 3 per movie. That should give 3 Scene Selection pages

lst containing Scenes from movie 1, 2nd containing Scenes from movie 2, and 3rd containing Scenes from movie 3.

You could then change the text on each page to indicate that the scenes are from movie 1, 2, or 3.

It is questionable how practical and realistic that idea is. The program allows for max 25 Timeline menu markers.

ATR

• 5. Re: can i change the number of scenes in a scene menue in photoshop premiere elements?
                  nealeh Level 5

A.T. Romano wrote:

The program allows for max 25 Timeline menu markers.

There has never been a satisfactory explanation as to why they reduced this from the DVD Standard of 99 to 25 rather than a blase 'performance issues' comment.

Klaus, many on these forums use the competitively priced Sony DVD Architect Studio 5 for those occasions when the standard PRE authoring features can't do the job.

Cheers,
                  --
                  Neale
                  Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children.