1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 2, 2013 11:14 AM by John T Smith

Premiere Pro CS5.5 importing .MOV files help!

danbs10 Level 1

Hi, I have been using this software for quite a while now but this problem has only just started occuring.

When I import video files from either my iPhone 4s or Ipad3 into PPro the monitor preview screen goes green, but when I insert the video file onto the timeline I can hear the audio but the video file itself is just showing green.

When I open the exact same file with WMP, VLC player, FLV player quicktime and so on it is perfect but this only happens when I import into PPro CS5.5.

I also have a handheld HD video camera which records in .MOV format and when I import those files into PPro it works just fine, so it is only the iPhone and iPad files that it does not like!

I'm assuming this is a codec issue?

Please can someone help as this is driving me insane!

Many thanks

Dan

P.S, this has only just started happening, I have been importing iPad and iPhone video files into PPro for ages with no problems whatsoeva, I am not aware that I have deleted anything like codecs or anything that would make this start happening. Very strange!

• 1. Re: Premiere Pro CS5.5 importing .MOV files help!
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

>assuming this is a codec issue

Maybe... or maybe a Windows update changed "something" that has made your graphic adapter cause problems

So... ATI or nVidia, and EXACT driver version... and, for either, have you gone to the vendor site (NOT Windows Update) to see if there is a newer driver?

nVidia Driver Updates http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

IF you have nVidia... How to determine your nVidia driver version

Right click in any open area of the Windows desktop

Select NVIDIA Control Panel from the popup window

Select SYSTEM INFORMATION at the lower left corner

Driver version should be the 1st line in Details

I have a GTX285 using driver 296.10 and Win7