4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2013 7:07 AM by A.T. Romano

On how many of my computers am I allowed to install Premier elements if I purchase it ?

temolo

On how many of my computers am I allowed to install Premier elements if I purchase it ?

Is the software provided on a CD ?

thanks

• 1. Re: On how many of my computers am I allowed to install Premier elements if I purchase it ?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

temolo

You are allowed to have the purchased serial number on 2 computers.

You can purchase Premiere Elements 11 in boxed packaging. That comes with installation discs for the program. But, no more Content disc. The user is forced to download that from within the program. I have written about that

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/05/pe11-no-content-disc-content-downloads.html

If you want installation disc, make sure you are certain if you are purchasing boxed version or an online download with installation files.

ATR

• 2. Re: On how many of my computers am I allowed to install Premier elements if I purchase it ?
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

As ATR says, you may activate on 2 computers (idea is a desktop and a laptop for travel... but I know of no way for the install to know if that is what is actually done)

The idea is also that the program will not be used on both computers at the same time... again, I don't how, or if, that is an absolute restriction, or only an advisory

• 3. Re: On how many of my computers am I allowed to install Premier elements if I purchase it ?
              temolo Level 1

What if for instance, I dismiss the laptop on which I was using Premiere Element, buy a new more fit computer and want to install Premiere Element on it ? Would I have to purchase a new license ?

Or can I remove the install of Premiere on the old laptop and move it to the new one without having to purchase a 3rd license ?

thanks in advance

• 4. Re: On how many of my computers am I allowed to install Premier elements if I purchase it ?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

temolo

If have Premiere Elements just on your old computer and you decide to buy a new computer and use the same purchased S/N Premiere Elements on the new, there are several options....keep in mind that your goal is NOT to have installed this purchased serial number on more than two of your computers.

a. If you want to sell the old computer and/or never want to use Premiere Elements version x on it, then Deactivate in the Help Menu/Deactivate of the program if that option is there. Then close the program and uninstall via the typical Control Panel route.

or

b. You could leave Premiere Elements on the old computer and just install the same purchased serial number Premiere Elements on the new. The matter of having to buy a new Premiere Elements may come up only if you then want to leave a Premiere Elements with the same serial number on the old and new computers and then buy a 3rd computer and want to put Premiere Elements with that purchased serial number on that as well - not removing the program from old and new.

Focus on....each purchased serial number represents a license and that license does not permit you to put that purchased serial number on any more than 2 computers.

Please review and see if the above helps. If you have one purchased copy of Premiere Elements along with a serial number unique to it and just two computers are involved (old and new), it is not clear to me when you talk about a 3rd license. If you do not see my point, please let me know and I will try to explain another way. No problem.

Thanks

ATR