Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 1327 when I try to install or uninstall

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2013 Jun 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My friend got a computer from another friend and it won't let her update, install, or uninstall it because it keeps looking for the hard drive that is no longer there.  I have tried the regedit fix that someone else sugguested but it still keeps looking for that missing hard drive.  It gives the Error 1327 whenever she tries to do something with it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS We would like to avoid having to do a Re-install of Windows

Grech78

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you trying to install: Flash Player or Adobe Reader?

The Adobe Reader installer needs the registry to point to the correct (and existing) My Documents, My Pictures, ... folders.

I am unaware that Flash Player has similar requirements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are trying to install Flash player.  But every time we try, it gives the 1327 invaild drive error.  we looked through the registry changing any Z: entry to a existing directory on C: but we keep getting the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is most often entries in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders that may cause such errors.

One temporary solution would be to make a Z: drive pointing to a folder on your C: drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines