3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2013 7:49 PM by Netcommercial

Export Media options

rokosz

PPro CS5.5    

I'm not a regular user and keep coming back to the same problem when I do use this.

Nothing complex being tried here just simple removal cuts and export.

ex// Got a sequence, Video1 and Audio1,  the source is 640x480 24fps.

When I export media -- I can't get the output to be the same parms, yes on the 24fps but no on the 640x480.  I don't want to lose resolution -- but don't want a monster sized file either.

Usually when I export the file can double or more in size.  I've had files <1gb end up as 8+gb after removing content from the sequence!

ex// the 640x480 is about 240mb.  The best I could do w/o losing res was 500mb.

If I play with sequence settings it kind of helped -- but I ended up with a larger lower res "picture" and a file of about 150MB partly because the sequence settings were aspect locked and I couldn' put in 640 x 480, and had to settle for 640x360.

What am I missing?  Match Sequence settings really doesn't.  Its frustrating to take a 800mb file mp4, edit to only 50% of the content and end up with a file 2x or 3x the size.

Any tutorials out there or another post that addresses this?  Are there are add-ons for formats?  I see the export media drop-down usually doesn't have my source "format"

thanks folks!