Can you post your project so that community can see what you are talking about. Hard to answer without seeing it.
Yes. Let's say you have a symbol with a text field on the Stage. All you have to do is create the click event either in the symbol's text code window or in Stage composition ready.
The event on composition ready would be:
you can also use a time instead of a label.
tried to approach both options coding the symbols text and the stage composition ready...i must be doing something wrong.
I get no response of any sort..this may sound silly, but how do i post my project? and which of the files do you need?
Its actually not super intuitive so dont worry about it. Just find the folder where your Edge Animate project is. There should be the following files folder:
ZIP all of these up and then post them to a droplink. You could use something like Dropbox or Google Drive or even Yousend it. Then post it here to the forum.
Ok sorry about the delay...never used this way of sharing.
Hope its an easy sort out!
Thanks for your time and patience man!
Thanks for posting. Here is what you need to do:
1) Go into your symbol called Menu.
2) For any text you want to have a link to a label on the mainstage, add a Click action by pressing the brackets to the left of the element.
3) This should pull up a dialog box with a bunch of actions, press the Click one.
4) In the blank white space add the following code: sym.getComposition().getStage().play("whatever_your_label_name_is");
5) Do this for every element you want to link to the main timeline.
Thank you so much Adam!
It works just fine!