1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 20, 2006 11:41 PM by MasahiGo

Adding ActionScript cuepoints

MasahiGo
      I'm using a Tree component and a FLVPlayback component. For those not familiar, the Tree component's dataprovider (DP) has to be filled via XML, and the structure of the XML-object is very strict. I use one XML-file, which provides the data for the Tree instance's DP as well as for the cuepoints. The XML-file ( tree.xml ) is provided below. My flv-file lasts for maybe 5 mins. All the cuepoints are added in runtime as ASCuePoints with name, time and type parameters.
      So far everything works fine. Using a cuepoint event listener ( example below ) all the cuepoints are recognized when the playhead passes them.

var listenerObject:Object = new Object();
      listenerObject.cuePoint = function(eventObject:Object):Void {
      trace("Elapsed time in seconds: " + my_FLVPlybk.playheadTime);
      trace("Cue point name is: " + eventObject.info.name);
      trace("Cue point type is: " + eventObject.info.type);
      }
      my_FLVPlybk.addEventListener("cuePoint", listenerObject);

But, let's say we want to change the time-parameter in the last node ( Part 9 ) to over hundred seconds - say 106.18. After this the program no longer finds any actionscript cuepoints. I've tried many different approaches to this problem, and have come to the conclusion that this might be a bug of some sort. I use the method addASCuePoint(cuePoint:Object), where time has to be in seconds, and I know that syntax isn't the issue here.

Basically, when adding ASCuePoints with time parameter over a hundred seconds, things go bad. No way to find them anymore..

If someone has any idea what this is about, please post a reply. It would be so convenient to be able to use one shared XML-file and not have to encode the cuepoints into the flv-file.

I'm using Flash 8 Pro

• 1. Re: Adding ActionScript cuepoints
          MasahiGo Level 1
          I consulted Macromedia (Adobe) Technical Support team about this and they just insisted, that over 100 secs should work fine. Well, for me it doesn't. I've struggled with this issue for many days now, and I haven't found a solution yet

I guess I just have to encode navigation cuepoints into the flv..