1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 3, 2013 9:35 AM by A.T. Romano

How can I uninstall Premiere elements?

IanCholsey

I am a long time user of Elements and upgraded from Elements10 to Elements 11, which I do not like.

There was no way I could uninstall elements 11 in "Add and Remove Programs" so I had to do a search and manually remove every Elements reference. Tried to reinstall Elenents 10 from my CD, but it would only try, and fail, to uninstall.

Although Elements is now not listed in either C Drive Programs or in All Programs, Premiere Elements is still listed in Add Remove Programs, again with no option to uninstall it.

How can I remove it from Add Remove Programs so that I can re-install the program? I am using Windows XP.

• 1. Re: How can I uninstall Premiere elements?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

IanCholsey

I would suggest that you do a regular and registry cleaning of your Windows XP using a program such as ccleaner.

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

including its option to backup registry before its cleaning.

After it has done its job, if necessary, you can

Run: regedit

and use the Ctrl+F "Find What" to find and delete what it finds for the specifically related "Adobe Premiere Elements 11". There may be a lot of entries so be patient as you go through that process. You will be notified by the system when it cannot find any more entries.

A Google search will probably bring up other possibilities for dealing what may be the side effects of incomplete installations. But I have used ccleaner for this purpose and have not had any horror stories from it to date.

ATR