Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some drop-down hotspots not dropping down

Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2007 Oct 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have a bit of a problem with my chm file in that about 6 of the many drop-down hotspots aren't opening when the user clicks on them. I took a look at the True Code to see what was happening and I can't see any difference between the ones that work and those that don't. Is there a maximum number of DHTML items you can include in a chm file? Or can anybody think of what else might be going on here?

Thanks in advance,
darkagn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 16, 2007 Oct 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen this when the ID on the hyperlink and hidden div don't match. Viewing the code, check that "x-use-popup" code matches the id on the hidden div.

It will looks something like "a class=dropspot x-use-popup=#POPUP320846813" and "div class=x-popup-text
id=POPUP320846813"

The other thing to check is that there aren't multiple divs with the same number.

I've found RH6 sometimes gets confused if you have something like:

Dropspot 1
Dropspot 2
Dropspot 3

And have at some point had them all in one paragraph and pressed Enter to separate them. That gives some really funky results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 17, 2007 Oct 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried recreating the dropdowns? We ran into a situation much like Amebr's and redoing the dropdowns typically fixed the problem. If that works, then fixing half a dozen instances shouldn't be too bad.

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2007 Oct 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the responses Amebr and Gravenstein!

I followed your advice and it appears to have fixed the problem.

Cheers,
darkagn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2007 Nov 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I found the same problem, though after searching long and hard, what I realised is that the dropdown's style is suddenly set to "none". As soon as I changed it to normal or heading 1 or whatever else, deleted a space or 2, it worked.

Try this, hope it helps.

r

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp