3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2013 7:45 PM by A.T. Romano

Why won't Premiere Elements 10 burn to DVD even though it says it has done it?

LZecca77

I am transferring some VHS to DVD.  I've done 10 dvds already and now PE10 is acting up. It is acting as if it's burning to DVD, but when it ejects my disc there is nothing on it.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

• 1. Re: Why won't Premiere Elements 10 burn to DVD even though it says it has done it?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

LZecca77

I seen that happen when the system resources have not kept pace with the project or automatically generated files?

What is the computer operating system that you are running Premiere Elements 10 on? At this point, can you still burn to folder if not disc?

Have you checked the Adobe Folder for pile ups of preview files and conformed audio? Have you cleaned out the conformed video files via Edit Menu/Preferences/Media? Have you run a regular and registry cleaning (computer optimizing) program such as ccleaner?

Another aspect is the nature of the Timeline content? Have you expanded the Timeline with the -+ slider above the Timeline to get a good look at the track situation, especially searching for thin vertical black lines scattered about the track content and any other irregularities with regard to Timeline menu marker spacing, transitions, and such? You could give some details on how many menu markers and what kind and where placed and how much space between?

How large is this project? When you get to the burn dialog what does the Quality Area show for Space Required and Bitrate? What type of DVD are you using? Can I assume that your project preset is NTSC DV Standard and you are burning your Timeline content to DVD-VIDEO Standard on DVD disc (4.7 GB/120 min)?

What is the duration of your Timeline content? How many main menu pages, how many scene selection pages?

Let us start here and see where your answers lead us.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Why won't Premiere Elements 10 burn to DVD even though it says it has done it?
            LZecca77 Level 1

ATR, you're a lifesaver!!!

Thanks for the help.  I did a couple things.....cleaned out the conformed video files and I deleted a couple of my menu markers and made more consolidated menu scene selection pages.  That seemed to do the trick.  I can now send my customer her DVD.

Thanks, again!

• 3. Re: Why won't Premiere Elements 10 burn to DVD even though it says it has done it?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

LZecca77

So glad for your success. Thanks for the follow up with that good news and appreciated the opportunity to help.

Continued success.

ATR