3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 4, 2013 3:56 PM by A.T. Romano

I have two concentric square boxes in my video that I can't remove.

garymanilow Level 1

These boxes show up in the video itself, not just in the editing screen. It's Premiere Elements 11. 

frames.jpg

• 1. Re: I have two concentric square boxes in my video that I can't remove.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

garymanilow

From what I see of your screenshot, you must be referring to the Safe Margins feature where the not to exceed for action is the outer and the not to exceed for text is the inner.

You can shut them off by right clicking that Edit Mode Monitor and removing the check part next to Safe Margins.

You definitely should not be seeing these Premiere Elements Safe Margins in the export playback. What type of export and what player?

If you do, you could try a remedy often used for unexplained happening, that is, deletion of the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file. In Windows 7 or 8 64 bit, the path to it is:

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 11.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete.

Make sure that you are working with Folder Options Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives OFF.

Please review the above. We will be watching for your follow up.

• 2. Re: I have two concentric square boxes in my video that I can't remove.
            garymanilow Level 1

Hey A.T. That was simple. Safe margins deactivated.... :  )

I hadn't even checked if they were showing up after an export. I'm at the point in the editing where exporting would require a little more effort than simply figuring out what I had clicked by accident. It was showing up in the full screen preview which I equated with the "official" version. Thanks for your help!

• 3. Re: I have two concentric square boxes in my video that I can't remove.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

garymanilow

Thanks for the follow up and good news that the problem is solved.

Somehow I got the impression that you were seeing these Safe Margins in the exported product at play back as well as in the Edit Mode Monitor. I had not heard of that ever happening so I am glad that was not the case...so glad that was just something to clarify in the Edit Mode Monitor.

Continued success.

ATR