11 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2013 2:18 PM by EPHRAIM GITELMAN

PRE 11 repeats clips in instant movie

EPHRAIM GITELMAN Level 1

I opened a new project with 7 clips. I then went to the action bar and selected instant movie. I picked the birthday theme, ran the auto analyzer and rendered the movie.  I saved the movie to my pc.   When I played it clips were repeated

It looked like the clips got repeated two or three times.  I tried this three times with the same result.

• 1. Re: PRE 11 repeats clips in instant movie
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Ephraim Gitelman

Did you get any message from the Instant Movie feature about "not enough clips" for the feature to use for the Instant Movie theme and settings that you selected?

I have found this to be a common occurence for my shorter Timeline content and that feature, resulting with the notification by the feature:

Do you wish to proceed because there are not enough clips? Yes or No.

And if you do, the feature will duplicate assets.

Please take another look to see if you are getting that type of message based on your choices.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: PRE 11 repeats clips in instant movie
            EPHRAIM GITELMAN Level 1

I see you are back again this time at Adober forums.  I did not get a message back and there were repeats.  Nothing changed from my other previous efforts.  Also, the clips were out of order.

Eph Gitelman

• 3. Re: PRE 11 repeats clips in instant movie
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Ephraim Gitelman

Glad we meet again. I am no longer visiting nor answering questions at the other forum where we discussed Premiere Elements concerns. So, if you have questions for me specifically, please post them here at the Adobe Forums.

What Movie Theme are you using from Premiere Elements 11 Windows? And, what is the duration for these 7 video clips? Are you making any adjustments with regard to music duration as it relates the rest to the whole Instant Movie production?

With that information, I will give it a first hand run through to see if I can identify problem spot(s) in the feature.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: PRE 11 repeats clips in instant movie
                EPHRAIM GITELMAN Level 1

This is in response to AT Romano's email,

The total length of the movie was 159 seconds.  I used the first Birthday theme.  The music was supplied bu PR11 automatically. I did not modify the length of the music.  It covered the entire movie.

Eph Gitelman.

• 5. Re: PRE 11 repeats clips in instant movie
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Ephraim Gitelman

I think that I know the cause of your duplication of media in your Instant Movie. Let us check it out together to see if my idea is the answer or a dud.

Premiere Elements 11 Windows Instant Movie Theme - Birthday Party

In the Instant Movie Setup, you need to expand the area headed by Music and Duration.

Under Music, you can select from

• Theme Music
                  • My Music
                  • No Music

I suspect that you left that as Theme Music.

Under Duration, you can select from

• Match Music
                  • Specify Duration  6 min 0.0 sec
                  • Use All Clips

I suspect that you left that as Match Music, thereby forcing the feature to furnish video to match the 6 minutes default of the Theme Music for that Instant Movie Template. From what you wrote your total media duration was only 159 seconds (2 min 39 seconds).

To explore this idea, please try (can leave choice as Theme Music), but

a. Specify Duration = 2 min 39 seconds

or

b. Use All Clips

and see what happens to your duplication of assets in your Premiere Elements 11 Windows issue. Consider, this type of thing can happen in other versions of Premiere Elements with this feature.

We will be watching for your results.

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: PRE 11 repeats clips in instant movie
                    EPHRAIM GITELMAN Level 1

I tried it with the music set at "all clips".  There were still some repeats but fewer than before.  One of the clips was not in the right sequence of clips even though its file number was in numerical sequence.

Eph Gitelman

• 7. Re: PRE 11 repeats clips in instant movie
                      EPHRAIM GITELMAN Level 1

I tried making the movie without music and still got a few repeats and one clip was not in the right order.

Eph Gitelman

• 8. Re: PRE 11 repeats clips in instant movie
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Ephraim Gitelman

Have you experimented with those choices that you are not getting you what want in the way or sorting order or repeats and tried to customize what the feature was giving you? For that you would right click the completed Instant Movie on the Timeline and select Breat Apart Instant Movie.

The Break Apart Instant Movie also lets you see how the feature has organized and presented your particular video assets with regard to the Instant Movie settings and the media that you have selected to put in the instant movie.

Expand the Timeline content with the = + slider over the Timeline to take a good look at the distribution and sorting of the assets. I suspect that what you are thinking of as repeats is the "artistic" design" of the Instant Movie. You can replace and move around things in the Instant Movie that the program put together for you, that is, after the Break Apart Instant Slideshow Command.

Also, check out what adding more clips to the Instant Movie does for the project.

More later.

ATR

• 9. Re: PRE 11 repeats clips in instant movie
                          EPHRAIM GITELMAN Level 1

I broke apart the instant movie and found multiple repeats and the changed order.  Is there someway to do an instant movie without the juggling that PRE11 does or do I just have generate a movie using the clips and adding titles etc?

Is it a function of PRE11 when it does an instant movie to do repeats and juggle the sequences of the clips?  Is there a part of PRE11 help that describes the juggling process or is it some sort of anomaly with short and small numbers of clips?

Eph Gitelman

• 10. Re: PRE 11 repeats clips in instant movie
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Ephraim Gitelman

I get the impression that Instant Movie results are the result of the "creative design" of a particular Movie Theme and the number of assets that you give the feature for a particular project. And, of course, further influenced by the settings that you set for the feature. That applies to Premiere Elements any version with the feature.

If you take an up close look at the Instant Movie on the Timeline tracks after the Break Apart Instant Movie, the above is the major impression that you are left with.

I will see what else I can find on the feature in this regard.

To be continued...

ATR

• 11. Re: PRE 11 repeats clips in instant movie
                              EPHRAIM GITELMAN Level 1

I broke apart the instant movie, deleted the repeats and put the clips in the correct order.  I hope your investigation into the instant movie functrion sheds light on the algorithum used in instant movies. 

Eph Gitelman