3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 4, 2013 4:39 PM by station_two

June 3 2013 update install problem

LCPhoto86 Level 1

I am having installation problems with the latest CS6 update released June 3 2013. I have tried multiple times to instal the update and the installer goes through most of the install process and then gives me a message saying  I should check the error log to identify the problem. The log shows this message "Adobe Photoshop 13.0.5 Installation failed. Error Code: U44M1P7". I have no idea what this means so it is no help. Anybody have any ideas. I am using a 3 year old MacBook Pro running the latest version of Mountain Lion.

• 1. Re: June 3 2013 update install problem
          Pete.Green Adobe Employee

Hi LCPhoto86,

That error (U44M1P7) usually indicates that a required file has been deleted or modified by another program or the user. The solution is to run the CS6 installer again to repair/replace the missing/modified file, then run the updater.

That should do it for ya.

Let us know how it goes for you

Regards

PG

• 2. Re: June 3 2013 update install problem
            LCPhoto86 Level 1

Thanks Pete that seems to have worked. It was a bit odd but I think that was a result of the fact that I used to have all my Apps organized into subfolders in my App folder. That worked fine until the last few years when more and more Apps would only work if stored directly in the Apps folder so I moved everything out of the subfolders. When I tried to reinstall Photoshop as per your instructions the installer wanted to install it in the deleted folder and I could see no way to change it. I did the install anyway and the installer created the old folder and installed some stuff in it. The Photoshop app was not functional so I deleted all that was installed. During the install process I had been asked to quit a program I have installed called "FlashFrozen". I had noticed that part of the update had to do with flash so I tried the update again on the existing copy of Photoshop with FlashFrozen not running and it worked fine.

• 3. Re: June 3 2013 update install problem
              Level 5

LCPhoto86 wrote:

…that was a result of the fact that I used to have all my Apps organized into subfolders in my App folder…

That is a monumentally bad idea.  It is guaranteed to give you grief sooner or later.

Never change the default install location of an Adobe application, never move it, never change the name of any volume or folder in its path, and never, ever create sub-folders in which to hide them in a misguided attempt to "organize" things. 

If you want to organize, use aliases somewhere else.  Also, that's what the Dock is there for on a Mac.