15 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2013 12:14 AM by Ashutosh.Nigam

Update install issues

bilgeneutron2293

I am trying to download/install the latest update for CS6. I receive error code V44M1I210 on attempting. Any advice?

• 1. Re: Update install issues
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Run the Creative Suite Cleaner Tool, reinstall the program, try again.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Update install issues
            vinsolo Level 3

here is another, similar option.

V44M....whatever, usually refers to a file missing from your current install.

1)-deactivate PS

2)-uninstall PS  -  remembering that you should have a backup install in case anything goes wrong

3)-using AAM, install PS

4)-run the newly installed PS, go to help menu, select update.

you should then have version 13.1.2

You will not lose preferences,actions, etc.

vince

• 3. Re: Update install issues
              chirp88 Level 1

Is reinstalling the entire program really necessary?! Why does Adobe have such terrible software programmers that ALL their software has bugs and it's up to the user to firgure out how to get their stuff to work? NO other software I have ever dealt with on a Mac requires you to delete and reinstall it just to TRY to update it. This is ridiculous, Adobe.

FIX YOUR SOFTWARE!

People are now paying you for a month to month "privelage" to use your software and it keeps getting worse to use.

• 4. Re: Update install issues
                Level 5

chirp88 wrote:

…Why does Adobe have such terrible software programmers…

In these user to user forums all we can do is offer possible solutions and workarounds.  We are not here to defend or justify Adobe nor to explain the Universe to you.

Yes, Adobe is a mess, and their installer and updater teams seem to be recruited from the same slums from where they hire their customer service reps.  Those teams have always been the pits.

• 5. Re: Update install issues
                  vinsolo Level 3

Yes, it seems that there is a programming error somewhere. WHERE?. Is it Adobe or Apple. Or is it some error made by another application or is it bad electrons running around your computer, or, hard to believe, there is even user error. I am sure I don't know.

Why would you think that I work for Adobe or Apple. I take exception to your implication. Perhaps you can find another technique. All computer users experince unpleasant situations.

The procedure i described will solve that problem.

vince

• 6. Re: Update install issues
                    chirp88 Level 1

Well, in my case, it is an Adobe error. I tried to update Photoshop and it tells me this:

Error log file location: /Library/Logs/Adobe/Installers

So I went to that location and that folder doesn't even exist. I guess it should exist...maybe? Cuz the Adobe installer is looking for it?

So, it SHOULD have been created by Adobe when I installed its software. So I figured, what the heck, I'll just create the folder myself. So I did and ran the installer again and guess what? It still didn't work.

This is not a me issue and it's not an Apple issue. It's an Adobe issue with their updater not knowing how to update.

And, vinsolo, nowhere did I accuse you of working for Adobe. I don't know why you think so.

• 7. Re: Update install issues
                      conroy Level 5

Are you sure you looked inside the correct Library?

Correct:

/Library/Logs/Adobe/Installers

Incorrect:

~/Library/Logs/Adobe/Installers

• 8. Re: Update install issues
                        vinsolo Level 3

"People are now paying you for a month to month "privelage" to use your software and it keeps getting worse to use."

When you use the pronoun "you" to indicate that you are paying me money, I assume the "you" is me, the person to whom you were replying. To whom do you think you were replying?

vince

• 9. Re: Update install issues
                          chirp88 Level 1

"To whom do you think you were replying?"

My message was clearly addressed to Adobe. That's why it says "This is ridiculous, Adobe. FIX YOUR SOFTWARE!"

• 10. Re: Update install issues
                            Level 5

You are NOT addressing Adobe here.  You're wasting your time if you think you are.

• 11. Re: Update install issues
                              chirp88 Level 1

I waste my time even when I do address them in their feedback section for all their software. They don't listen to anything. That's why I've switched to Pixelmator for most projects.

At least that company knows how to code software well.

• 12. Re: Update install issues
                                Level 5

chirp88 wrote:

I waste my time even when I do address them in their feedback section…

Agreed.

• 13. Re: Update install issues
                                  Ashutosh.Nigam Adobe Employee

Try Downloading and installing the updates manually. Go to http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates and download the update that you are trying to install.

For Win Unzip the downloaded file and then Double click on the executable to start the installation and follow the on-screen instructions.

Please let us know if this works, if not then Please provide us with PS installer log file at

For Mac:

"Library/Logs/Adobe",

For Win:

Program Fies(x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers

This would help us in resolving the issue.

Please mail it to asnigam@adobe.com.

Thanks,

Ashutosh

Ps Installer QE

1 person found this helpful
                                  • 14. Re: Update install issues
                                    PECourtejoie Adobe Community Professional

I'm wondering what the common denominator is... external scripts, or maybe those programs that claim to gain disk space by removing so-called "unecessary files"

• 15. Re: Update install issues
                                      Ashutosh.Nigam Adobe Employee

MacKeeper or any other clean up tool may also modify and remove files required for Photoshop to run normally. Resolution to this is to remove MacKeeper and then reinstall Ps to make sure all the required files are in place.

Regards,

Ashutosh