• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Powerpoint 10 keeps disabling Presenter

Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2013 Jun 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PowerPoint keeps disabling my Presenter add in.

I have uninstalled and re-enabled the add-in several times (as administrator).  Now, the re-enabling does not work. 

I have reinstalled Presenter from disk, and this works for a while, but then Presenter crashes, and I have to start over again reinstalling.

One time only, I did get the following error mesage when starting again after reinstalling.

presenter error.jpg

I am working on a PowerPoint file that was created in PowerPoint/Office 2011 Mac, and then using on a Windows machine with PowerPoint 10 and Presenter 8.

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 05, 2013 Jun 05, 2013

I finally uninstalled Office and Presenter, then reinstalled both. Now it seems to be working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Firstly please ensure that you have installed the correct version of prresenter with correct powerpoint .

i.e. if powerpoint is 64bit , you need to install Presenter 64 bit.

If powerpoint is 32 bit, you need to install presenter 32 bit.

Please confirm if you have the right presenter installed on your machine.

Thanks,

Alpi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this is related, but when I just tried to delete and reinstall Presenter, I get the following message. I tried restarting first, but I get the same message again.

install error.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 05, 2013 Jun 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It is not related to the above error. You should always choose ignore here.

If you are installing Presenter from eLearning Suite, then it is always 32 bit. Make sure the office installed is also 32 bit.

It won't work on 64 bit office.

Let me know if this help.

Thanks,

Alpi Agarwal

Adobe Presenter Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have 32bit PowerPoint.  So it is not a conflict with PowerPoint and Presenter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 32-bit PowerPoint installed.  When I install Presenter from the eLearning Suite 6, I am not offered the choice of 32 vs 64 bit Presenter -- there is just one selection without designation of bits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally uninstalled Office and Presenter, then reinstalled both. Now it seems to be working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2013 Jun 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great !!

Good luck with the presenttaions .

Thanks,

Alpi Agarwal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources