Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Object instantiation exception after 9.0.1 Lockdown Patch

Jun 04, 2013 Jun 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a successful installation and test of 9.0.1, I applied the 901 security lockdown patch and got this error when trying to access the administrator. Any idea what caused it and how to fix it?

Object instantiation exception.

An exception occurred while instantiating a Java object. The class must not be an interface or an abstract class. Error: org/owasp/esapi/errors/EncodingException.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind. I reread the directions for the patch and took further needed steps for this version and patch history. My advice to others: READ THE DIRECTIONS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Can you please roll back the Security patch and the reason is because you have missed some files  when you were applying the patch. So after you roll back check if the admin in working then re-apply the patch once again.

Regards,

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation