4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 11, 2013 4:36 PM by A.T. Romano

Unable to get media

abdog Level 1

I have prem 10 & have made many movies.

For some reason i am unable to get media.

All hooked up & turned on.

No dv camera detected ?

This has just occurred this last week.

Have tried different cameras & different computers.

Same result ???

• 1. Re: Unable to get media
          Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Did you use another firewire cable?

• 2. Re: Unable to get media
            A.T. Romano Level 7

abdog

Ann Ben's suggestion of looking at the firewire cable seems to be a common factor for your findings with different cameras and different computers. An important start.

However if that approach does not work, perhaps let us focus on the computer you have been using for your successful movies and see if we can get the workflow to work there for starters.

a. what is your computer operating system? How much available RAM and free hard drive space does your computer have?

b. can you capture firewire into Windows Live Movie Maker or WinDV (if DV data capture) or HDVSplit for HDV data capture?

The answer to that question should take Premiere Elements 10 Windows in or out of the equation.

Also, please go to Premiere Elements 10 Windows' Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks and determine where the Capture Video and Capture Audio files are directed as well as how much free hard drive space is at that designated save location. What do you find in this regard?

I hope that the firewire cable or connections are the cause of the issue. That would give us an easier explanation for your results from other cameras and computers.

We will be watching for your follow up.

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: Unable to get media
              abdog Level 1

Thank you all for your response.

It appears at the end of the day the alternate canon camera I was using was where  the problem lies.

Have used a flip camera & all is good once you have the right settings

• 4. Re: Unable to get media
                A.T. Romano Level 7

addog

Thanks for the follow up. Sounds like you are moving forward in your Premiere Elements projects.

If any questions about Premiere Elements settings for your projects please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks.

ATR