Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Do not finalize my PayPal transactions" settings

Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2013 Jun 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having an issue with the "Do not finalize my PayPal transactions." box for Paypal transactions.

Even though I have this box checked, transactions are still completeing within Paypal, when they should not be.

The set-up from the Business Catalyst end seems very simple. Account email address, PDT token and box checked. That's all there is to it.

Therefore, it seems there must be a setting within Paypal to stop these transactions from completeing. Does any one know what needs to be done from within the account so this "Do not finalize my PayPal transactions." setting actually takes effect?

I've tried speaking to Paypal but they said "To being using authorisation and capture for Website Payment Standard, you would need to add the code "paymentaction=authorization" to your button"

However, there is no button, it's all within the BC system. Therefore, how do you actually set up "Do not finalize my PayPal transactions."?

Richard

TOPICS
eCommerce

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 05, 2013 Jun 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Richard,

I've checked your site and I recommend the following. 

1. Create a 1 cent test product
  2. "Retick" the do not finalize option in BC (I'm seeing it unticked at the moment). 
  3. Conduct a 1cent test purchase under the live gateway (not the test/sandbox version)

If you are still seeing the transaction processing on Paypal's end please reach out to our direct support once again.  They might need your credentials to verify your PayPal settings because this would typically be setting that needs to be adjust on PayPal's end. 

Kind regards,

-Sidney

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2015 Nov 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello - I would like to know if there is an authorize or capture option in BC? I am using Payflow, PayPal Pro and or Standard.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines