2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2013 5:54 AM by Rick Gerard

Files won't appear

subkons

I have a mac at home I am using after effects cs6 and have an i mac i core 5. I took my project to school on a pc and worked on it. when I brought it back home my files wouldnt show up. I got an error message saying that 98 of my files were missing and I can't figure out how to make them show up. I had this problem before only with text but now almost all my files are missing. I was one step away from finishing my final project. Please help.

• 1. Re: Files won't appear
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

File --> Replace Footage. and simply make sure to keep your assets in the same folder relative to the project to avoid such errors/ issues.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Files won't appear
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

A common problem with beginners failing to copy the footage files. When you are moving a project the safest thing to do is to use the Collect Files feature in AE. Go to File>Collect Files and follow the prompts. Just be aware that if you have 2 hours of footage in your AE project that the 2 hours of footage is going to be copied to the new project folder you create when you collect files.

If you have a bunch of footage that you are not using in your project then it is also a good practice to use the Consolidate or Remove Unused Footage features under the File Menu before you collect your files.