5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2013 11:09 AM by A.T. Romano

How do you fix msvcirt.dll error in Premiere Elements 8

electricbean55

The software will not load, no matter what I do, I have triedCapture.JPG all kinds of fixes. Reinstalled and uninstalled. I am desparate.

• 1. Re: How do you fix msvcirt.dll error in Premiere Elements 8
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

That MAY be a Microsoft dll (I don't know, I've never had that error) so search at Microsoft for a help article

http://search.microsoft.com/search.aspx?mkt=en-US&setlang=en-US

• 2. Re: How do you fix msvcirt.dll error in Premiere Elements 8
            A.T. Romano Level 7

electricbean55

My drill questions for Premiere Elements 8 users

1. Are you running the program as the 8.0.1 Update?

2. Do you have the automatic Background Rendering and AutoAnalyzer features turned OFF?

3. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed?

4. Are you running the program from a User Account with Administrative Privileges?

Assuming Yes to all of the above....

Is this a "worked before but now" or "it never worked" issue?

What computer operating system (including 32 or 64 bit system) are you running Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 on?

Is you video card drive up to date?  Assuming that at one time you got into Edit Menu/Preferences/General, how did you set Enable GPU Playback, On or Off?

What happens if you bypass the Welcome Screen for the opening? Same message?

(To do that, you would right click the desktop icon for the program, select Properties, select Open File Location. That should take you to Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0.exe. Right next to that file is another named Adobe Premiere Elements.exe. Make a desktop shortcut for the latter file and use that desktop shortcut to open Premiere Elements thereafter.)

Please confirm that clicking OK to the message never lets you continue into the program.

Please review.

We will be watching for your follow up.

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: How do you fix msvcirt.dll error in Premiere Elements 8
              A.T. Romano Level 7

electricbean55

Some additional information about MSVCIRT.dll

http://www.processlibrary.com/directory/files/msvcirt/19093/

What you might want to do is run the ccleaner, both the regular and the registry cleaner.

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

When you do the registry cleaning part of ccleaner, be sure to click Yes for Back Up Registry before the registry cleaning. I use ccleaner and have not had any horror stories associated with its use.

ATR

• 4. Re: How do you fix msvcirt.dll error in Premiere Elements 8
                electricbean55 Level 1

Yes, it did work before. I uninstalled as one site suggested and then reinstalled Adobe Preimere and I am running the lastest update.

I can not by pass this message, it will not load the program. Yes, the latest driver is installed and so is the latest Quicktime.

• 5. Re: How do you fix msvcirt.dll error in Premiere Elements 8
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

electricbean55

You wrote

I can not by pass this message, it will not load the program.

By that were you referring to my suggestion to bypass the Welcome Screen. Instructions for that were:

(To do that, you would right click the desktop icon for the program, select Properties, select Open File Location. That should take you to Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0.exe. Right next to that file is another named Adobe Premiere Elements.exe. Make a desktop shortcut for the latter file and use that desktop shortcut to open Premiere Elements thereafter.)

That step of creating a desktop shortcut to Adobe Premiere Elements.exe should not be creating problems, but, if so, then just try double clicking the Adobe Premiere Elements.exe file where it is in the hopes of opening the program.

Did you uninstall any programs recently, besides Premiere Elements? If so, which one?

But above all, please confirm that the automatic Background Rendering and AutoAnalyzer features are both turned Off.

If you have not already, then I would go to the ccleaner for the regular and registry cleaning.

Thanks.

ATR