3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2013 2:22 PM by A.T. Romano

How can I upload a video to Youtube thats over 15 minutes?

Gamerfreak9101 Level 1

Hello, I am aware there are other discussions similiar to list, but none of the other videos worked, or helped in any way. Can someone please explain to me how exactly can I upload a video to Youtube, from Adobe Premiere Elements 11. I would be very grateful if someone could give me the proper way to do it, and thank you for your time.

• 1. Re: How can I upload a video to Youtube thats over 15 minutes?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Gamerfreak9101

Assuming that you or the program has set the correct project preset which matches the properties of your source media...

You export your Timeline content to a file saved to the computer hard drive and, then from there, upload the file to YouTube at the YouTube web site where I believe more than 15 min duration is allowed. See YouTube requirements and instructions related to extended duration for your upload.

You might want to look at:

Publish+Share

Computer

AVCHD

with preset = YouTube Widescreen HD or YouTube Widescreen SD.

(You can change settings under the preset's Advanced Button/Video Tab and Audio Tab as necessary)

Please review and let us know if the above worked for you.

Any further questions on this, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: How can I upload a video to Youtube thats over 15 minutes?
            Gamerfreak9101 Level 1

Okay, I am trying it now, I will get back to you shortly. Thanks for at least trying to help for now. Keep in mind it says it will take quite awhile.

• 3. Re: How can I upload a video to Youtube thats over 15 minutes?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Gamerfreak9101

Looking forward to your results when you get them.

Where are you getting the "...it will take quite awhile." message? Is it from YouTube at the YouTube web site when you take the file there to upload?

I have been finding the route through YouTube from within Premiere Elements is often far speeder than if I do the file upload at the YouTube web site which has the extended duration perk.

ATR