Just checking, can your download the library books and read them on your computer using ADE without problems?
Also, have you authorized ADE with an explicit Adobe ID?
- you haven't gone through the correct registration steps
- you have hit one of the many bugs in ADE2.0
- you are using a different route to get your library books on the Kobo
(1) you haven't gone through the correct registration steps
Several steps, you may have already done some of them but not all.
If you don't have an Adobe ID, log in to the Adobe main website, try to sign in, and follow the instructions to register a (free) ID.
If you haven't authorized ADE with an explicit AdobeID, you must do so.
- First, return any library books you have already borrowed.
They will be associated with an anonymous/implict registration and cannot be used on en eReader.
- From ADE, hit ctrl-shift-D (cmd-shift-D on Mac) to remove any anonymous/implict registration ADE may have made. Confirm the prompts.
- Restart ADE.
- Register ADE with your Adobe ID. menu/Help/Authorize Computer (ADE2.0) menu/Library/Authorize Computer (ADE1.7.2)
- Check that you can borrow library books and read them on ADE. (May be worth trying with Kobo not plugged in at first).
If you haven't authorized the Kobe with your Adobe ID you must do so now.
- Plug Kobo into computer.
- Run ADE
- Choose Authorize Device
- Now you should be able to copy library books to the Kobo using ADE, and read them on the Kobo.
(2) you have hit one of the many bugs in ADE2.0
There are lots of bugs in ADE2.0. One is that it can't handle Overdrive library books with certain eReaders (including Sony PRS350, but also others).
Try replacing ADE2.0 with the older but more reliable v1.7.2; or you can have both installed together.
Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.
The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above. There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'. The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172
(3) you are using a different route to get your library books on the Kobo
If you are trying to get books to the Kobo by some other means,
or can't even read the library books on ADE, please post again with more details.