4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2013 8:37 PM by John T Smith

Adobe Premier Elements

acayting

I have a new imac that does not have an internal DVD drive.  I have the external DVD drive from Apple.  When I try and add media in Premier Elements it states no supported device is detected.  When I go to the source drop down menu it is blank.

• 1. Re: Adobe Premier Elements
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Add media from what?

Are you trying to use a camera, or a disc in your DVD drive?

• 2. Re: Adobe Premier Elements
            acayting Level 1

I am trying to transfer a Home DVD to Premier.

• 3. Re: Adobe Premier Elements
              A.T. Romano Level 7

acayting

Always important to mention version of Premiere Elements in use. For now it is assumed Premiere Elements 11 Mac.

Let us go through the check list...it sounds like you are on course but may have hit a burner/driver recognition issue, but let us see.

1. DVD disc (with DVD-VIDEO format) in the DVD burner tray

2. Premiere Elements 11, Add Media/"DVD Camera or Computer Drive"/Video Importer

3. In the Video Importer dialog, Source Field you are not given the same of your burner/drive

Is that all correct? You will have to check me on those Premiere Elements Mac details since I am strictly an Elements Windows user.

What type of connection do you have between the burner and the computer? USB 2.0 or 3.0 or other? Have you checked the port on the computer, the cable, and the connections between the computer port and the computer port? Does the DVD drive work when used on the computer outside of Premiere Elements? Do you have any other external DVD burner available for use?

Let us start here. We will be watching for your follow up.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Adobe Premier Elements
                John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Outside of PrEl, are you able to "see" the DVD with Apple's file manager? (is that finder?)