• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My adobe flash quit working. When I tried to install a new version, I was told I didn't have proper

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2013 Jun 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

administrative permission, or something.  What?  I installed the last one just fine. ??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In Windows Vista® and Windows 7®, regardless of your permissions, you can run any application as an administrator. To run an application as an administrator, right-click the filename and select Run As Administrator. Provide the administrator ID and password when prompted.

If you need more help, contact your system administrator.

For Macintosh computer please follow the below link:   http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2592&locale=en_US

If still you have issues then please provide details mentioned by Pat Willener.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2013 Jun 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Windows 7. I'm not able to click on the filename as it's all automatic once I click on downloading the file. All that is available is  the black box that Adobe provides while it is being extracted.  At  the end of the extraction (while the same box is open), it give me the message that I don't have proper permissions.  That's it.  Nothing to click.

I am the "administrator" as this is my personal PC.  Don't have a password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2013 Jun 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK. Last night some time after I wrote my first post. some prompt came up on one of the many sites I've visited, telling me that I need to download a new FlashPlayer in order to view something, which I did by clicking on the "OK" button.  As I was writing the post above, I got a popup message that Flash had essentially been installed.

I checked and it is.  I have no idea why it did this time.

What a strange program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines