3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2013 6:10 AM by Peter Spier

Font missing

Veronikum51

Hello,

I've opened a document in Indesign CS6 and it says 5 fonts are missing. These are T1 fonts, but the file included also the Document Fonts file, so the fonts should be there for this document. How can I get them to my document?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Font missing
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

First off, are you working on the same platform as the one on which the doc was created? T1 fonts are either Mac or PC format, and they don't work cross-platform in the Document Fonts folder. You can put PC T1 fonts into the InDesign Fonts folder on the Mac and they should work inside ID, but Mac format fonts of any type are completely useless on PC.

If these are Mac T1 fonts and you are working on Mac, they might work from the the Document Fonts folder, but my possibly faulty memeory is that T1 fonts in general don't work without installing them someplace on either Mac or PC (I'm fairly certain they don't work on PC from the DF folder).

• 2. Re: Font missing
            Veronikum51 Level 1

Yes you are probably right, I'm on PC and the file was created on a Mac. Thanks for your reply!

• 3. Re: Font missing
              Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

No chance those fonts will work for you. If you check the file size I bet it shows 0 bytes.