1 2 Previous Next 40 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2013 10:41 AM by adobenewbie123

Purple splotches

adobenewbie123 Level 1

Hi,

On what I was hoping would be my final output, I am now noticing some purple splotches randomly occurring on the output. I checked the original footage on my computer, that I uploaded from my camera, prior to importing to adobe for editing , and I did not see it on there.  So my only guess is that it relates to something i did in Premiere  like the import-export processes, playing with the color effects , in some cases , utilizing the neat video plugin. I am working on an 1080i preoject setting as the camera was HD 1920x1080.  I think you really need to see an actual picture to understand what I mean by purple splotching as I am curious what it is,  how it got on there and if anything can be done to minimize.  So I atatched a screenshot from one of the impacted clips. Check out the black jacket on the person to  the right as that is where the purple spots appear.

Looking forward to any feedback I receive about this.

Thanks!

purple_splotches.gif

• 1. Re: Purple splotches
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Yes, that's most likely the results of a color and lighting adjustment.

I'm not sure what you can do about it though. There are limits to how much you can adjust your video's color and lighting before you get these artifacts.

• 2. Re: Purple splotches
            A.T. Romano Level 7

adobenewbie123

How many instances of the above do you have in the entire duration of your video? It is just this one frame that you have displayed in the screenshot?

A lot of ifs, but have you tried applying Effects/Image Control/Brightness and Contrast  for darkening without making it too dark and then hitting with the Effects/Blur Sharpen/Sharpen?

I am not the greatest with the specific Color Correction Tools so I revert back to things like the above.

ATR

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Purple splotches
              adobenewbie123 Level 1

Hey Steve,

I never made any ligthing adjustemnts but was playing around with both the RGB and auto color effects. Could eitehr of those be the culprots?  the weird thing is i do do not recember making thosse adjustments on some of the clips where I am seeing the issue. I am wondering if turning down the red might help but I am scared it might casue new issues.  Maybe I just cut my losses.

• 4. Re: Purple splotches
                adobenewbie123 Level 1

Hey ATR,

It happens on multiple occasions thoughout the movie.  Any insight as to why i just see it on the jacket.  When it does appear, I notice  that certains parts of the frame are fine.  Very strange.  I have not touched the brightness settings as of yet but if I do try to start darkening, is the idea that the black jacket can't get darkened any more casue it is black ?  (so darkening the purple will make it less noticeable caompared to the background?)  Also, what would be the reasoning behind utilizing the sharpen tool?

One final tidbit.. It is clearly more notcieable on one computer than another .  (although it appears on both from the output)

As always, thanks so much for jumping in

• 5. Re: Purple splotches

When you adjust color or RGB, you often reduce the color range, which causes posterizing, which is what you're seeing now.

Of course it could be related to the color range in your original footage too (especially if you're shooting at less than the highest quality). What model of camcorder is this video coming from and how did you get it from your camcorder to your computer?

• 6. Re: Purple splotches
                    adobenewbie123 Level 1

can auto-color effect be the culprit?  Just playing around with the rgb some more, it seems to impact the enire screen and not certain random spots. I would love to pinpoint specifically what i did.  (for autocolor, I just utlized the default settings)

• 7. Re: Purple splotches

The easiest way to see is to remove the effects and adjustments and see if your output still has this issue.

As I said, it could also be related to your source footage -- or even the Publish & Share options you selected. Though it's hard to say without knowing each.

• 8. Re: Purple splotches
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

adobenewbie123

I run into this type of problem with black suits when I am trying to lighten a scene in which the person with the black suit appears. And, for me, darkening the image seemed to have minimize the problem (Brightness & Contrast adjusts). Sharpen got tossed into the mix since this type of effect is based on increases in contrast. In my case, whether the reason was sound or not, it worked for me. I can see this for a few selected places in the video, but I wonder how applicable this would be for the whole video.

I think that the ideal tool might be a Levels one where you had the options for set black, set gray, set white points. I have not been able to pull off such a remedy using Auto Levels of version earlier than 11 or with version 11, Three-Way Color Corrector (see its choices for Set Grey Balance, Set White Balance, and Set Black Balance). But that may very well be the area where you overdid it. Can you go back into your project and reset the color correction settings that you set that may have caused the problem? I believe you can. There is a reset icon at the top of the Three-Way Color Corrector if that is what you used to obtain your present results.

I will think about this some more. Please update us on your progress.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...I did not see the recent post exchange between you and SG when I submitted this post. Via the Adjust/Adjustments, those options appear to have a Reset.

• 9. Re: Purple splotches
                          adobenewbie123 Level 1

Hey Steve,

The original source footage looks good. But I have already imported and exported back into adobe a few times so it's hard for me to trace back as to what effects I was using where. Maybe publish/share is a problem? Any issues with working in a 1080i project but exporting as a  1080p.  I never rally understood the difference between "i" and "p" and could have easily made that mistake.

• 10. Re: Purple splotches
                            adobenewbie123 Level 1

Thanks ATR. I still want to try the darkening technique as a potential fix but was not confident on how I would follow up with the sharpen tool, in terms of settings, since I never used that before. I will create a new project name vefore playing around so i can easily revert back.

The weird thing is that the splotching  seems to also  appear on some scenes where I did not mess with the color but was using neat video plugin . and I got this strange warning message about neat video not geting applied to the whole screen in 1080 and still proceeding.  (neat video does not display any warning messages for hd 720, only 1080.  I am wondering if that somehow played a role as well. It's kinda hard for me to reset the color changes becasue I am not sure which version it initially was applied.  (I did a few rounds of importing and exporting on this project)

Thanks!

• 11. Re: Purple splotches

Please give us more specific answers to our questions or we won't be able to help you.

• 12. Re: Purple splotches
                                adobenewbie123 Level 1

Hey Steve, I aplogize for missing your question about the model of my camcorder. I guess that's pretty important:) it is the folowing:

JVC GZ-EX210 Full HD Everio Camcorder with WiFi (Black)

I transferred the video files to the computer via a usb plug.  When I mentioned the source files did not have this issue, I should clarify that remark by saying I meant the following:  Watching  the source files AFTER they got transferred to the computer looked fine. So I am 100% the issue occurred with adobe,  during an import, editing within adobe, or exporting out , but I've had so many iterations going in and out of the software thus far, it's really hard for me to say when or how this got started.

Thanks again,,

Craig

• 13. Re: Purple splotches

You haven't said, so I'm assuming you're using version 11. If so, when you place these video clips from yoru Everio on the timeline in Expert view, do you see yellow lines above them? If so, this indicates a mismatch with the project settings, which could contribute to this issue.

Your camcorder shoots in a number of modes. Did you ensure you shot your video in UXP mode? As I said, anything other than UXP mode could mean that the camcorder compromised your color range a bit.

Finally, you still haven't advised which Publish & Share specs you used, but that too could contribute to this issue.

This is why we ask very specific questions. There are a number of variables that can affect your results.

• 14. Re: Purple splotches
                                    adobenewbie123 Level 1

Hey Steve,

Here are some more clarifications for you. Thanks in advance:

I am using premiere elements 10

Project setting- HD 1080i  (no yellow lines after testing another clip import)

publish and share - WindowsMedia-HD 720p

I am not familiar with what uxp mode would be. I'll research tonight when I can check out the camera. In my mind,  all signs point to the camera settings not being the root cause since those source files looked fine after  transferring the files to my computer.  Admittedly though, my logic could be off-base there.

• 15. Re: Purple splotches
                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

adobenewbie123

Just some miscellaneous information to incorporate as you review what you have and the suggestions by all that were offered.

Interlaced vs Progress

A good basic information on that can be found in the following link

http://www.neuron2.net/LVG/interlacing.html

The new project needs to start off with a setting that matches the properties of the source media. You say that you are using a JVC GZ210 camcorder. From what I have read its highest video setting is HD UXP Mode. So, it looks like SG is just trying to tell you to use that highest camcorder setting for your video recording. Although I am not convinced yet that the Premiere Elements project settings are at the core of your black suit/purple patches problem, your project preset set does need double checking.

a. You say that your project setting is "HD 1080i", that sounds like the program's default, not necessarily the one that matches your video properties. You will need to confirm this but I suspect that you are shooting 1920 x 1080p60 (if NTSC setup) or 1920 x 1080p50 (if PAL setup). Whether it is you or the program setting the project preset, you can check what was set by going to Edit Menu/Project Settings/General. If what you find there does not reflect the properties of your source media, then new project where you manually set the project preset (File Menu/New/Project with check mark next to Force Selected Project Setting on this Project) and then import your video into Project Assets via Add Media, then drag it to the Timeline.

b. We can talk about export settings later.

My theory is that your present situation is based on the use of color correction tools (Neat and/or those within Premiere Elements) to improve/probably lighten some dark video. But that is just speculation until all the information is sorted out. I would encourage you to take the video clip (straight from the camcorder) from which your screenshot came and bring only it into a new project with the correct project preset, look for the purple patches, and then let us know what you see and what it looks like in comparison with what you generated from your recent workflow (including Neat et al).

Looking forward to your follow up.

Thanks.

ATR

• 16. Re: Purple splotches

It sounds like you're using the right project settings. But Windows Media files are highly compressed, with could account for the reduced color range.

Try using Publish & Share/Computer/AVCHD with the preset for YouTube SD video. Most likely you won't see these splotchy issues.

• 17. Re: Purple splotches
                                          adobenewbie123 Level 1

Hey ATR,

When you say 60 are you referring to the FPS?  I was worried about that becasue I started this project not understanding much about camera settings. I can tell you when I imported my first clip from the camera, Premiere Elements acted very smart and told me I had the wrong project settings and then routed me to an 1080i 30 fps setting, not 60. And regardless of whether  that was correct or not, I was constantly reading that we shoud be matching up the export setting to the import .  so I have always been exporting my files at 30. How does one verify the actual settings of the source media? That I am not following from your reply above.  Do I need to go back to the camera for that info or is it listed in premiere somewhere.

Is it possible that the red splotching will not be as severe on a television screen cause up til now , it has just been viewed from an exported file on my computer. Or do you expect it to be worst?   I still have not gootten around to burning a completed dvd to monitor in an actual dvd player on an HDTV.

Thanks for sending me  both your insight and the link!

• 18. Re: Purple splotches
                                            adobenewbie123 Level 1

Hey Steve,

I did experiment earlier  with the avchd m2t  1920x1080 settings whicg produced a much larger file than .wmv  I did not notice any diference though. (I'll try your youtube suggestion next)  Right now I am focused on computer viewing. Curious if you feel  burning a dvd to view on an HDTV might reduce the issue.  (I just asked ATR the same question as well)

• 19. Re: Purple splotches
                                              A.T. Romano Level 7

adobenewhbie123

It is my understanding that you are using Premiere Elements 10. That version lets you set the project preset, unlike Premiere Elements 11 where it steps in to do the job (sometimes right and sometimes not so right), but will allow you to set your own project preset if you must. Another detail to all this is that Premiere Elements 10 does not have a 1080p60 project preset. Under DSLR, it will offer only 1080p24, 1080p30, and 1080p30 @ 29.97. So, if you really have 1080p60, there is no way for Premiere Elements 10 to give you the right project preset. It is not available. But, you can still try to get away with setting the 1080p30 at least to set up the correct space in the Edit Mode Monitor from which to Edit.

I got the idea that you were using Premiere Elements 10 from post # 10 of this thread.

I got the idea that you might be shooting 1080p60 from online reviews of your JVC GZ-EX210 camera specs.

http://camcorder.jvc.com/product.jsp?modelId=MODL029070&pathId=171&page=14

I know you have a lot that you are working on. If you get a chance, try for a properties readout from MediaInfo.

http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en

A quick way would be to right click you video in Project Media, select Properties, and see what Premiere Elements 10 is recognizing as the frame rate.

More later.

Thanks.

ATR

• 20. Re: Purple splotches
                                                adobenewbie123 Level 1

Hey ATR,

Thanks for the continued support.  i am finally back online again. I followed your instructions to click properties in project media area and each  clip is  showing a frame rate of 25. How crazy is that.  But I sware, Adobe set me up in a project setting of 30.  Is that discrepancy hurting me?  it's too late for me to change the project settings at this stage of thegame as   I've already completed a gazilion edits.  Any benefit  for me to try exporting to a 25 setting  and then burning a dvd from the newly exported file?

Thanks,

Craig

• 21. Re: Purple splotches
                                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

adobenewbie123

First we need to recap to make sure that we have a firm detail foundation.

1. You are capturing your video from a JVC GZ-EX210.

a. Did you install your Premiere Elements 10 for Language = English USA? Are you in a part of the world that would be classed as NTSC or PAL? In that same content, did you set your camera for a PAL setting. NTSC and PAL do not have the same significance for HD they do for SD but the frame rates are important for regional purposes. Typically 29.97 frames per second in a NTSC project and 25 frames per second in a PAL project.

As I said, I was just questioning your 30 frames per second versus the 1080p60 I saw for your camera specification. I did not expect you to find that the frame rate was neither of them, but rather 25 frames per second.

Here is what I would like you to do:

1. Determine/verify your camera settings.

2. Take the original video that went into your project and run it through the free MediaInfo program

http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en

Look for what it says for frame rate and Scan Type (if interlaced, then Scan Order as well). We need to know the frame rate and whether the video has an interlaced or progressive frame rate.

3. Verify again the project settings for this project being discussed. What does it say for Editing Mode, Timebase, and Frame Size in Project Settings accessed in Premiere Elements via Edit Menu/Project Settings/General.

Let us see how all of the above come together to that we can proceed for best results.

Thanks. Much appreciate your follow up.

ATR

• 22. Re: Purple splotches
                                                    adobenewbie123 Level 1

Hey ATR,

I'll give it a shot.  just to make sure I understand the directions, when you say original  video, youa re talking about the files on my computer that were transferred from my camera, correct?  (that does not include any of the adobe edits)

Thanks!!

• 23. Re: Purple splotches
                                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

adobenewbie123

Right now we are interested in what came out of the camera and into Premiere Elements for the first time without edits.

The reason that I asked you to look at MediaInfo besides what you are seeing for Properties in Premiere Elements is related to the fact that your video may be exiting the camera as per the manufacturer's specification but Premiere Elements may not be interpreting the properties that way. Just want to narrow down or elminate varibles that might cloud our decisions on workflow.

Thanks again.

ATR

• 24. Re: Purple splotches
                                                        adobenewbie123 Level 1

Hey ATR,

I downloaded the media info application and here is the output.  (also, to answer an earlier question, I live in the US which is not a PAL region)

Thanks!!

clip-output.png

• 25. Re: Purple splotches
                                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

adobenewbie123

Thanks for the screenshot. Definitely says 29.970 frames per second for your 1920 x 1080. That clears up that starting point. But would really like to know also whether you are dealing with progressive or interlaced video.

There should be an expanded version of that MediaInfo readout that you are looking at, and that information should tell us that and more.

I think that you have the Basic View of the readout posted..Please look to the top of the page to View Menu and, from the list there, please select Tree.

(From your screenshot, toward bottom right, it looks like there is a note indicating the View options. You should be able to click there and select Tree rather than going to the top of the page and selecting View Menu then Tree.

Thanks.

ATR

• 26. Re: Purple splotches
                                                            adobenewbie123 Level 1

Hey ATR,

I think I found the riight screen.  Check out my attachment.

Thanks!

tree-view.png

• 27. Re: Purple splotches
                                                              A.T. Romano Level 7

adobenewbie123

Thanks.

According to the MediaInfo readouts, your source media is

1920 x 1080 16:9 @ 29.97 interlaced frames per second characterized by Scan Order Upper Field First.

Accordingly the Premiere Elements project preset should be NTSC AVCHD Full HD1080i30.

(If you are targeting this video for just DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc which requires a Scan Order = Lower Field First and you use this project preset, then you probably will have to right click your video on the Timeline, select Field Options and then Reverse Field Dominance.

If this were the case, you could use alternatively the project preset NTSC Hard Disk Flash Memory Camcorders/Full HD 1080i30 which is supposed to take care of this Fields matter automatically so that you do not bother with the Reverse Field Dominance at the Timeline level.)

When all is said and done, it is not clear why and how that 25 frames per second frame rate entered the workflow.

ATR

• 28. Re: Purple splotches
                                                                adobenewbie123 Level 1

Hye ATR,

I am just going to just play around with some of the suggestions in the trail to try to minimize my color issues. In the meantime, I wanted to start practicing my blu-ray burns to disk  as I had never attemped that as of yet. I have beenunable to burn a blu-ray through Premiere so far . it seems to successfully  go through the  encoding media- compiling media- burn to disk steps but I end up with what seems to be a blank disk. (just with less space on it. For example,  start off with around 24 gigs free and I end up with the following on my e drive:  "It says 14.3 GB free of 14.3 GB" (like there is nothing on there)   I would like to eventually troubleshoot that prcoess  but for now, I tried just exporting from premiere to an avdhd file and then burning the exported file to a blue-ray via Nero. That worked! however, I really really want to make sure that I am selecting the right export seclection, especially absed on all the info on this trail about the avriou settings,  So knowing what my project pre-select ahs been for my editing (NTSC AVCHD Full HD1080i30.), does it make sense for me to export to M2T-H264 1920x1080i 30 in the avchd selection? .(Assuming the 30 on the end is  supposed to be the frame rate casue there is a 24 and 25 option as well)

As always, thnaks so much for your time and expertise!

• 29. Re: Purple splotches
                                                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

adobenewbie123

The unfortunate part to the Premiere Elements Publish+Share/Disc/Blu-ray is that there is only the burn to Blu-ray disc and not any burn to folder choice. We can talk about a workaround for that another time. It involves a virtual Phantom Burner with its virtual BD-RE disc and Premiere Elements recognizing that as a drive in its burn dialog Burner location.

But let us work on the Publish+Share/Disc/Blu-ray burn to disc...

Are you putting a check mark next to Fit Contents to Available Space in the burn dialog? DO NOT DO THAT. Please use the following guideline (excerpt from my blog post on Blu-ray Burn Dialog Fit Contents to Available Space.

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/05/pe11-blu-ray-burn-dialog-fit-content-to.html

To avoid the "Adobe Media Encoder Error", do not put a check mark next to "Fit Content to Available Space" in the Blu-ray burn dialog if the Space Required shown in the burn dialog is 23 GB or less.

Blu-ray discs are on the expense side. Go online and find the vendor selling BD-RE 25 GB/2X at the lowest price. They can be used and then reused after you or the program erases them.

Remember, do not bother putting stop markers on your Timeline when your destination is Blu-ray disc format on  Blu-ray disc. The players do not recognize these stop markers at playback. Same with all versions of Premiere Elements that offer the burn to Blu-ray disc.

As for burn your Timeline to a file for later use in a burn to Blu-ray disc format on a Blu-ray disc...your choice of M2T H.264 1920 x 1080i30 sounds good with your source of 1920 x 1080 @ 29.97 interlaced frames per second. As for DVD, check the Blu-ray burn dialog Quality Area for Space Required and Bitrate.

We will be watching for your progress.

Thanks.

ATR

• 30. Re: Purple splotches
                                                                    adobenewbie123 Level 1

Hey ATR,

I am happy and relieved I got the m2T export correct cause up to know, i relly have been struggling putting my head aroud the gazilian settings . as far as the check mark on fit to available space, thnk you for mentioning  that unsolicited becasue I had no idea what that meant. I got lucky and got that part right only becasue the default was not checked.

So the latest is that i am not so sure anymore I had a bad burn.  I thought the disk was not going to work becasue I could not autoplay it  on my computer.  But nt I am thinking that  my medial players on my computer  can just  not handle a blu-ray disk. (I was only able to burn in blue-ray becasue I bought an xternal blu-ray drive that plugs into my usb). I do  ot have a blu0ray dvd player yet to verify anything but I have a friend who is going to lend me his playstation because supposedly, that will play blu-rays. But that is still a coule days away. The reason why I think it might work is that I just did a traditional open of the drive folder (not auto-play_ and I actuall see a folder structure. If I dig down  far enough , the actual movie seems to live in a folder called "stream". Is the file structure after a premiere blu-ray burn pretty standard.  Any value in me sending you a screenshot of that?

Thanks so much!

Craig

• 31. Re: Purple splotches
                                                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

adobenewhie123

Sounds like you are doing great.

As for Blu-ray structure....I just ran off a mini Premiere Elements 11 burn to Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc (BD-RE 25 GB, 2X)...here is how the structure goes...

When you have your disc inserted in the burner tray, go to Computer, right click the drive, and select Open, you should see

Blu-ray 1.JPG

When  you double click the BDMV Folder, you should see

Blu-ray 2.JPG

When you double click the STREAM Folder, you will see

Blu-ray3.JPG

That 00000.m2ts is your video.

That 00001.m2ts is your main menu (if you use a menu for the project)

That 00001.m2ts is your scene menu (if you use a menu for the project)

ATR

• 32. Re: Purple splotches
                                                                        adobenewbie123 Level 1

Hey ATR,

My folder structure matches up verbatim.  in fact, if i navigate to 00000.m2ts and doubleclick, the HD video  does actually play on windows media player. howeever, when I go the traditonal route via the autoplay window ,  windows media player can not play the dvd. (nor can Power DVD) Is that an indication that it might not get read ina blue-ray player?  Assuming it does work on the playstation, do you think the quality of the picture will be the same on an HDTV?  Or do you think the purple splotchig might look more exxagurated on a television screen than a computer monitor?

Thanks again!  I am defintely seeing light at the end of ths tunnel:)

• 33. Re: Purple splotches
                                                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

adobenewbie123

Let us see if the following helps

1. Given that you have your Blu-ray disc format on that Blu-ray disc and that disc is inserted into the Blu-ray burner drive tray.

If your movie is not automatically opening in one of your players, try right clicking the Blu-ray drive icon displayed under "Computer", selecting Open AutoPlay. Hopefully, you will see the AutoPlay dialog showing a suitable player which you select.

2. Another try might be to go to Control Panel/Programs/ and then find and click on "Change Default setting for media or devices". The page that opens will say

"Choose what happens when you insert each type of media or drive"

Scroll down until you get to "Blu-ray disc movie" and try to set it for the player that you believe supports Blu-ray movie playback.

Typically it is the software that came with the Blu-ray burner.

3. Back to that .BDMV's STREAM Folder 00000.m2ts file. You know that can be imported back into Premiere Elements 11 with its Add Media/Files and Folders. Some have taken these files and transferred them to USB Flash Drive or memory card and have been able to get playback of the video with a Blu-ray player or PS3. But, there can be problems depending on the players' support and other factors. Best read the specifications of the player. Important to remember, that these players need to support the video/audio formats as well as the disc type that these supported video/audio formats are on.

I suspect that those blotches will be a problem at the HDTV level unless the TV has enhancing features of some sort. Too much to hope for. But, I would give it a look on a mini test level. Expect the worst and hope to be pleasantly surprised.

ATR

• 34. Re: Purple splotches
                                                                            adobenewbie123 Level 1

Hey ATR,

I really like your usb suggestion becasue it basically gives me another backup in case I do have disk issues. Would there be any difference between grabbing that .m2ts file from the stream folder  that you sugest above or just putting my avchd1920x1080i30  adobe export onto the usb (which I believe has the same file extension but is larger in size)

Getting back to the autoplay, do you think it's weird that Windows Media is my default player and is saying it can't play the dvd but if I navigate through the stream folder and doubleclick on the .m2ts file manually , it does play the movie using, you guessed it,  Windows Media Player?

• 35. Re: Purple splotches
                                                                              A.T. Romano Level 7

adobenewbie123

The video from the BDMV/STREAM Folder has the file extension .m2ts as compared to the AVCHD export to file .m2t.

Although the formats are similar, there are differences. The following online article is probably a good starting point for the AVCHD - Blu-ray Disc Format differences

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AVCHD

I just did a run through to give you an idea how the properties of the .m2ts and .m2t compared when they came from the same Premiere Elements 11 Windows Timeline content.

The BDMV/STREAM/00000.m2ts (video)

Blu-ray.m2ts.JPG

AVCHD.m2t

AVCHD.m2t.JPG

Readout differences between the two seem restricted to:

Bitrate

Maximum Bitrate

Bits/(Pixel*Frame)

Stream Size

Which preferred?

One online articles goes to the pros and cons of AVCHD

http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/290809-Blu-Ray-vs-AVCHD

There are more.

For now I would say check the specifications of the players to be involved for formats supported, disc types supported, as well as a format on a disc type supported.

Right now I see no problem with Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD with presets 1080i30 to give you a .m2t file fo author to Blu-ray disc format on a Blu-ray disc at a later time.

As for putting .m2ts or .m2t files on a USB Flash Drive or memory card, not all players may co-operate. So, do the mini test runs to find out what works for you in your specific envirnoment with your specific tools.

ATR

• 36. Re: Purple splotches
                                                                                adobenewbie123 Level 1

Thanks ATR.  I will know on saturday if thing  plays for the first time  in HD on  an offline player.  My standard disks burns have worked this far on traditional dvd players so this should be the last piece of the equation.

I definitely want to do some audio mastering before I consider this movie officially completed and there does not see to be any way to edit by track.  In Adobe, you can only edit by clip.  am I correct?  For example, I wanted to add some bass to the main dialigue track but it is cutt up in tons of clips. So to do it in 1 shot , I would need to export the audio and then import it back into my project.  Wouldn't it be cool if adobe let us do "equalizer" type stuff at the track level.  That would save time!

• 37. Re: Purple splotches
                                                                                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Adobenewbie123,

It will depend on what sort of Audio-editing you need to do at the Track-level.

If you need to adjust Volume, or Balance, then the Audio Mixer can do that through automation at the Track-level.

If you need to do more, my workflow would be to do all other editing first, then output (Publish+Share) just that Audio to a PCM/WAV @ 48KHz 16-bit. Then, edit that PCM/WAV file in an Audio editor, like Adobe Audition, or even the great, free Audacity. When done, Save that editing as a PCM/WAV @ 48KHz 16-bit, Import that into the Project and drag it to a free Audio Track, such as Audio Track 2. Then, just Mute (you can do this in Audio Mixer too) that original Audio Track.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - if one had Premiere Pro in one of the suites with Adobe Audition, it is easy to use Edit in Audition, right from PrPro, to round-trip the Audio, but one would still be working at a Clip-level. Close, but still imperfect. Also, PrPro does allow one to add Effects (like an EQ VST) TO the Track via its Audio Mixer. Getting closer...

• 38. Re: Purple splotches
                                                                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

adobenewbie123

I am not sure if the following is feasible for what you intend..

Bass is an effect found under Adjust Tab to the upper right of the Premiere Elements 11 Expert view workspace.

If you apply a Bass effect to one of the clips, you can copy the Bass setting of the first clip and do a Paste Effects and Attributes into all selected clips. That would give you the same Bass effect setting for each. But, remember, when you do this copy/paste effects and attributes, it will do that for most of the effects and attributes of the clip copied.

Something to think about.

Thanks.

ATR

• 39. Re: Purple splotches
                                                                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Hunt

I did not see your post before I had submitted mine in response to adobenewbie123 question which was following up on our prior discussions while you were away.

ATR

1 2 Previous Next