1) I have a PDF which loads into Workspace.
2) On a user click, the PDF does a lookup to a Livecycle Process via SOAP (wsdl)
3) The webservice returns a string (which is an XML).
4) I take the xml and load it into the relevant "results" subform using the resultsSubform.loadXML() and xfa.form.merge() functions.
1) This works x number of times and then the x+1'th time the whole Browser PDF plug-in crashes and closes down.
The popup appears:
- "Adobe Reader has stopped working"
Application Name: AcroRd32.exe
Application Version: 18.104.22.168 (the latest)
Fault Module Name: AcroForm.api
1) Is the combination of functions loadXML() and xfa.form.merge() correct - is there something I should be aware of?
2) Can a LC Process-Webservice return XML as actual an XML complex type that can be interepreted or can it only return an XML string/object
I've had the same problem. Did you find a workaround?
Yes, we got it working!
So the solution could be one of the following, depending on your requirement:
1) Return a hashmap / list
2) Use the XMLData script object in Designer
3) Add a 'wrapper' Java WS between LC Process & the PDF. The PDF calls the Java and then can integrogate the "table of data" returned.
8 BIT PLATOON