7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2013 2:28 AM by kratistoss

Trying to save out my finished project, but told i cant...bug!?

kratistoss

Hi i just finished my project, and have tried to "save" and "save as" constantly recieve these 2 messages :

allways first: "Unable to create image buffer"     i only get the "ok" option to click

and right after i click "ok", i get :  "out of memory. save and exit immediately to avoid data loss"

is there a way of recovering from this situation?  right now my edge isnt updating if i move on the timeline or if i do anything else. Kinda scared im gonna lose todays work : (

Im not gonna close edge or my computer tonight, in the hopes that you guys might have the solution by tomorrow evening.

Thanks for your time!

• 1. Re: Trying to save out my finished project, but told i cant...bug!?
          Zaxist Level 4

try this :

1 - copy all your elements by select all and right click then copy

2 - open a new Project and right click on the white Stage and go to Paste Special and click Paste All

then save your project

Note : if you changed the main size of your Stage in your current project, when you opened a new project first change the new Stage Size too and then do paste

Zaxist

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Trying to save out my finished project, but told i cant...bug!?
            kratistoss Level 1

Thanks for the immediate response...

I tried doing as you said...the program doesnt respond anymore, but it does that often, when selecting many elements.

Gonna try leave it for tonight and see if by tomorrow it will have selected everything or just crashed.

thanks again for the really quick response : )

• 3. Re: Trying to save out my finished project, but told i cant...bug!?
              elainecc Adobe Employee

Hi, kratistoss-

Were you able to save at some point during the project, or is this a file that has never been saved?  It sounds like it's a problem with your computer running out of swap space, not a problem with Animate in particular.

-Elaine

• 4. Re: Trying to save out my finished project, but told i cant...bug!?
                kratistoss Level 1

It was weird....yesterday when the problem arose, more than 2/3 of my computers resources (ram, cpu, etc.) were not used.

Ended up leaving the program on for the night...this morning when i came into the office, everything seemed to have solved itself, I managed to saved, restarted, and my project is just fine.

But yes i did have various previous versions of the project saved (only a cuople of hours of work would have been lost) to fall back on in case of emergency.

Could this be caused by a high number of text elements (between 150 and 250) on the stage (all being animated)?

• 5. Re: Trying to save out my finished project, but told i cant...bug!?
                  shadowfax007 Level 1

Kratistoss-

I've had the very same thing happen to me.

My solution?

Save, save and save again :-)

Luckily, I'm in the habit of saving work as I go along, as I work on files residing on web servers so I HAVE to save them to see the changes!

I also tend to preview my work a lot in Edge and always save before previewing, "just in case"!

As for the high amount of elements, maybe that would cause it - I have never figured it out and my computer has enough ram and disk space to fit a small army.  Working with programs such as Edge, I tend to do a lot of restarting the moment I sense something may be astray - better safe than sorry...

James

• 6. Re: Trying to save out my finished project, but told i cant...bug!?
                    elainecc Adobe Employee

150-200 isn't that large of number of elements.  That being said, this is probably a good point to mention to our entire community that we would love it if you all would participate in the Adobe Product Improvement Program.  The information we get from this program helps us as a development team to understand what types of compositions you guys are creating, and the more data we have, the better we can understand what you guys are donig.  (We can then answer questions like: "Are most of our users using 15-20 elements or 2000-3000 elements?" and test appropriately.)

Glad to hear it resolved itself.

-Elaine

1 person found this helpful
                    • 7. Re: Trying to save out my finished project, but told i cant...bug!?
                      kratistoss Level 1

Thanks for the support guys!

Will check out that:

Adobe Product Improvement Program

Thanks again!

Best wishes to all! : )