5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2013 9:30 AM by teriQ@bentsrv

how do i create a form setup in landscape?

teriQ@bentsrv

How do I create a form set in landscape?

• 1. Re: how do i create a form setup in landscape?
          Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

Hi;

While you are on the Design tab go to "File" - "Form Setup" and there are options for the page size, orientation, and Form Width

The Landscape/Portrait setting and page size will only change the layout of the form in PDF, not the Web form, the "Form Width" that will change the width in the web form.

Let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks,

Josh

• 2. Re: how do i create a form setup in landscape?
            teriQ@bentsrv Level 1

John,

Thanks.  I had already tried that but am not getting the desired result.  I

must be leaving out crucial setting.  I am a novice to not only Adobe but

modern technology, so explanations have to be in layman's terms for me to

carry it out. I do not understand the second sentence you gave in your

instruction.  I appreciate your help, and the availability of a help desk.

Teri

• 3. Re: how do i create a form setup in landscape?
              Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

OK - let me ask you first, how are you delivering your form to others to fill out, are you using the URL so that they fill out the Web/HTML form?  Or are you downloading a PDF of the form that you email to people to fill out?

I think you are likely using the URL (Web Form on the Distribute tab), in which case you want to set the "Form Width" to something wider than 700, that setting controls the width of the form in a web browser.  That controls the width so you can get more of a landscape appearance, you would also add "Page Breaks" where you would want the pages to end so they look the way you want them to.

If you are using PDF let me know and I will share additional info.  The "PDF paper size/orientation" settings in form setup are for the PDF only and you won't see those changes in a web form.

I hope that was clearer but am happy to try again;-)

Thanks,

Josh

• 4. Re: how do i create a form setup in landscape?
                teriQ@bentsrv Level 1

Josh,

We are not using to create a form at all. My boss has me using Adobe Acrobat

Pro XI to create pages that he will use in a video very basic slide show

presentation.  He chose adobe so that pages can be saved as JPEG. 

Thanks,

Teri

• 5. Re: how do i create a form setup in landscape?
                  teriQ@bentsrv Level 1

Ok, since my last correspondence, I increased the form width to a pixel

count of 1200.  This seemed to give the desired look on the monitor.

However, now when I attempt to save as PDF, I am unable.  I receive error

message "Some content on the PDF is too large to fit on a single page.

Please go to the design tab and adjust the contents, font size or divide the

flagged items into multiple elements."   I then decreased the font size.  I

think if I play with this I will get the desired result.  Thank you so much

for your help.  I will contact you again if it doesn't work.   THANKS!!!!