1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 6, 2013 11:42 AM by Bramblethorne

iOS Spark Group ButtonMode, touch, touchTap, click, etc. Fails.

Bramblethorne

Have wasted so much time trying different things (which fail) to get what should be standard behavior.  The end users -touches- a visual element, group, button, etc that has a registered event and the event is dispatched.  Matters not if I add groups, nearly transparent filled ellipses, alter/add/remove touch and click events in any combination, or adjust the touchDelay.

Hit or miss... short touch, long touch, touching on, touching around, etc... sometimes it will trigger.  Often it will not.

<s:Group id="closeButton" click="close(false)" height="58" width="58" buttonMode="true" top="30" right="30" scaleX=".8" scaleY="{closeButton.scaleX}" touchTap="close(false)" touchDelay="0">

<fxg:iPodPreviewButtonsClose58x58 horizontalCenter="0" verticalCenter="0"/>

<s:Ellipse height="100%" width="100%">

<s:fill>

<s:SolidColor color="#ffffff" alpha=".01"/>

</s:fill>

</s:Ellipse>

</s:Group>

Thinking a group on the top of the visual stack with the events registered might make a difference if the FXG was somehow 'in the way' produced an element that will dispatch NO events.

<s:Group id="closeButton" height="58" width="58" top="30" right="30" scaleX=".8" scaleY="{closeButton.scaleX}">

<fxg:iPodPreviewButtonsClose58x58 horizontalCenter="0" verticalCenter="0"/>

<s:Group click="close(false)" touchTap="close(false)" touchDelay="0" buttonMode="true">

<s:Ellipse height="100%" width="100%">

<s:fill>

<s:SolidColor color="#ffffff" alpha=".01"/>

</s:fill>

</s:Ellipse>

Am I really going to be forced to define a hitArea to override/bypass/whatever?

It seems likely that I'm failing to understand something very fundamental, but on iOS, this combined with the very great difficulty in getting buttons inside of a scrolling list to register touch interaction w/o that interaction being sucked away by the list item itelf, and the way threading works (I can get very little in the way of visual indicators to the user that they HAVE succeeded in touching a button/visual-element (though the list-item will light up -every- time even when I try to prevent that behavior)... ESPECIALLY if that indicator is a BusyIndicator.... if I can even get it to display, it won't spin unless I add a timer event to delay calculating the next visual element)

Any help or suggestion is appreciated!

• 1. Re: iOS Spark Group ButtonMode, touch, touchTap, click, etc. Fails.
          Bramblethorne Level 1

<s:Group id="closeButton" click="close(false)" height="58" width="58" buttonMode="true" top="30" right="30" scaleX=".8" scaleY="{closeButton.scaleX}" touchTap="close(false)">

<fxg:iPodPreviewButtonsClose58x58 horizontalCenter="0" verticalCenter="0" mouseEnabled="false"/>

Seems to behave a little better, but I don't understand the intricacies involved here.  It's still not 100% reliable.  This software is for children and/or people of limited tech-expertise.  I need it to be foolproof.