5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 7, 2013 7:19 PM by Pattie F

Archived photos

Aunt Nan Level 1

How do I know if my photos are actually archived? When I click the Downloader to continue archiving, I get a small rectangle, not even large enough to show the entire word "Photoshop." I asked someone in the Photoshop Family, and he told me to uninstall and start over again installing the Downloader, but I still keep getting that small black rectangle. So how do I know if it's working?

Thank you.

DeAnne Brown

• 1. Re: Archived photos
          Scott V Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hello Deanne

Do you know how many photos that you need to download?

Since you are having the issue with the tiny window we recommend that you try clearing the cache. This will restart the download

1. Close Downloader.

2. Delete this folder

WIN : C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\com.adobe.px.Downloader.<some-number>

MAC : /users/<username>/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.px.Downloader.<some-number>

4.Install the Adobe Air application http://get.adobe.com/air/

2. Click on this link to install the updated Adobe Media Down loader

http://www.photoshop.com/misc/membership-faq#downloader

this will now relaunch the downloader.

Let me know if you are still having issues.

Scott

• 2. Re: Archived photos
            Aunt Nan Level 1

I uploaded all my photos to Adobe Revel, including about ten more today.

(By the way, Elements was not synced with Photoshop and I had to manually

transport all of the missing ones.) The photos are in my Library. What is

still in Photoshop are the videos, maybe ten, and they are on Google+

anyway. Maybe it doesn't matter if Adobe archives those videos, or not.

I have deleted the folder, uninstalled the Downloader, reinstalled the

Downloader. No problem with Air. I have done this a couple times, and I

still have the tiny rectangle, not even large enough to show the entire

word PHOTOSHOP.

Thank you.

• 3. Re: Archived photos
              Scott V Adobe Employee (Admin)

Do you still have the problem with downloading the images to your computer? You are able to upload your images fine now.

You can download images from your Revel account to Elements.

Please see our FAQ Forum post "How do I upload photos to Revel"  http://forums.adobe.com/message/5114160#5114160

Scott

• 4. Re: Archived photos
                Aunt Nan Level 1

I am easily able to upload my images to Adobe Revel, both from my computer and from my Android phone.

How do I KNOW for a fact that my videos are archived when the Downloader seems to be defective? See my earlier questions.

How do I go about downloading the images from Adobe Revel to Elements? I have Elements 8. Is it even possible with Version 8?

Will I be able to keep using Elements or will that disappear June 18?

Thank you, Scott!

DeAnne

• 5. Re: Archived photos
                  Pattie F Employee Moderator

Regarding Elements- You can continue to edit in Elements if you save to your hard drive and then upload to Revel from there. Only versions 11 and above have an interface with Revel. Download from Revel  to Elements 8,9,10 must be done in two steps. 1- Save eto hard drive, 2-upload to Revel. If you get the archiver working, then you can download from Photoshop.com and then upload to Revel.

Pattie