2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2013 3:34 PM by jstrawn

Warp Stabilizer Usage Limitations

benwinter Level 2

Thank you Adobe team for the intergration of Warp Stabilizer. It has fundamentally changed the potential of much of the footage I typically work with.

But the limitations, such as the clip must match the dimensions of the sequence, can't be time stretched or time remapped, are a formidable handicap.

It's easily solved by nesting the clip and applying the warp stabilizer to that new sequence instead. I'm curious if this is so easy for us, why the software can't handle it natively? Can we expect any changes to this in the future?

• 1. Re: Warp Stabilizer Usage Limitations
          Jim_Simon Level 8

I've not seen any mention of changes to WS for the next version due out June 17th.  Beyond what is about to be released, Adobe doesn't generally talk about their plans.

• 2. Re: Warp Stabilizer Usage Limitations
            jstrawn Adobe Employee

Some issues were addressed and performance should be better, but no major changes for the CC release due out next week. (informally known as 7.0)

I think (but I'm not sure) that AE's warp stabilizer has some capabilities that ppro's does not. So you might try it there once that's all available to you. Ben's request is good (please submit a FR if you have not yet) but everything takes time and that time has to be prioritized.