7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2013 6:55 PM by Digital Fuel Web

How do I change a case status?

chlauin

When I look at my cases in CRM, all of them have a "new" status. How do I change the status to "closed" or something equivalent?

• 1. Re: How do I change a case status?
          thetrickster888 Level 4

Once you are looking at a case in your BC Admin area there should be an edit button in blue on the bottom left of the screen-- edit the case and change the status to closed.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How do I change a case status?
            Sidney Mitchell Adobe Employee

Hi,

Within the individual case details you'll need to select the edit option and select the update status.  CRM -> Cases -> select the case and click "edit"

2013-06-06_1412.png

There's no bulk status feature however. 

Kind regards,

-Sidney

• 3. Re: How do I change a case status?
              DandyDahlia Level 1

Hi Sidney,

Is a bulk status feature being worked on?

If not, is there any way to assign a case to always closed (ie never let the system save it as opened).

E.g when consumers sign up on our website a case is made but we don't need to call them to follow up so we'd like it just appear closed.

And when a retailer joins our wholesale login a case is made and we need to call them to follow up so we need their case to appear open / new.

As I'm sure you can appreciate going in and manually changing every single status is slow, tedius and painful!.

Thank you.

• 4. Re: How do I change a case status?
                thetrickster888 Level 4

I don't think there's a way to setup auto-closing of cases or a timed

closing of cases after "x" amount of time.  Cases will be "new" until you

close them.  Manually.

My recommendation is to review the Customer Service Ticketing feature in

BC. If you have a BC plan with CRM I think you probably can use Customer

Service Ticketing.

The idea is this-- your client sets up an email address that is solely

dedicated to receiving BC support inquiries.  I use a Google Apps email

address for most of my clients that's dedicated-- usually it's "support@"

or "help@".

You setup CST in BC and use this email address for the ticket agent

address.  Once you've setup a CST it will appear as a "workflow" which you

can now use in your forms/processes.

You'll be able to setup certain BC admin users as customer service reps and

distribute new cases randomly or by least load over those BC admin users.

Once a case is made and the CST workflow launched against it, there are

some hyperlinks in the notification email sent to CST agents assigned to

the case that will let them close, open, etc. the case.  It's much easier

than going into the CRM, finding a customer, finding their case, editing

the case, setting it as closed and saving the case.

Instead, you just refer back to your email from the CST, click the "Close"

link and the case gets closed.  Also, you can reply directly by email

without having to login to the CRM and the conversation is recorded against

the case.

The downside is that all the customer service agents being dealt cases MUST

be BC admin users and I'm not sure how many users your client wants to pay

for.  But it's a lot easier to keep on top of cases when you can click a

link in an email when you are actively working on the case via email.

Here's some more information about the CST feature on BC:

http://kb.worldsecuresystems.com/kb/customer-service-ticketing.html

Keep in mind it's technically "beta" but I haven't seen any bugs in a few

years on my end.

• 5. Re: How do I change a case status?
                  DandyDahlia Level 1

Thanks thetrickster888.

Ok that's one option but it's just so messy (it's so manual meaning room for error). I'd just hoped after all this time BC might have a simpler more automated system!

• 6. Re: How do I change a case status?
                    Sidney Mitchell Adobe Employee

Is a bulk status feature being worked on?

Not at the moment as BC is currently working on migrating to Amazon. 

- http://www.businesscatalyst.com/bc-blog

Kind regards,

-Sidney

• 7. Re: How do I change a case status?
                      Digital Fuel Web Level 2

This would be a very helpful addition to cases.

I have a customer that uses the BC CRM extensively and this would speed things up for them alot.

Cheers Daniel