3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 1, 2013 3:33 PM by dadsidea

Table cell strokes are different widths

dadsidea

Hi there,

I've set up a table with a specified number of columns and rows. I've set up 2 styles you can see in the attached screen shots: Black Stroke, and Pantone 314C Stroke. Black was a duplicate of Pantone 314C and the only change I made was the colour of bottom stroke. This somehow causes the width of the stroke to creep over the cell boundaries, causing strokes in my table with unequal stroke widths. Can anyone shed any light on this at all? I've attached appropriate screen shots for you, and can supply more if that helps.

Thanks in advance!

Tabrez.

strokes.jpgblack_cell.pngPantone_cell.pngCell_Style.png

• 1. Re: Table cell strokes are different widths
          allisonblake Level 1

I suspect this due to the stroke settings on the surrounding cells.

The cell to the left  of the 20 cell has a white stroke applied to the bottom and right sides and that white stroke is covering up part of the black stroke on the 20 cell

The 39.858 cell has a white stroke applied to the two sides and that is extending the "scope" of the cell.

See below, using colors so you can see what's happening

Screen Shot 2013-06-07 at 9.09.09 AM.png

I have found with tables,  when using table styles and cell styles, I have to often "clear overrides not defined by style" after I've applied the table/cell styles. It seems to hold on to previous local formatting in a way that text doesn't. YMMV.

• 2. Re: Table cell strokes are different widths
            dadsidea Level 1

Thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately I'm now I'm on holiday for about a week so when I return to this project I'll take a look. I'm sure I tried to clear overrides but there was still some stroke issues. Thanks again, I'll let you know how it goes!

• 3. Re: Table cell strokes are different widths
              dadsidea Level 1

I managed to work it out.

Somehow the blank columns on either side had rogue side strokes. So I've removed them all now and it's looking great!

Screen Shot 2013-07-02 at 10.31.41.png