• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Editions won't open

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2013 Jun 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a new harddrive in my laptop since the old one died.

The first thing I did was to install Adobe Digital Editions 2.0 since I read all the time. But now I can't open the program.

It starts up fine where it's says it's loading the library but it doesn't go anywhere from there.

I have tried uninstall, reinstall, uninstall, reboot, reinstall, etc. etc. and nothing helps, I have tried looking trough the helpdesk but nothing seems to help.

I tried Digital Editions (The old black version) but that one keeps effing up and jumping around in my library without me asking it to.

What can I do?

I tried other epub readers but none have the design and settings I wan't.

Ohh and I have Win 8 on my laptop, and I had Win 8 before my harddrive effed up.

Sorry for spelling and grammar errors but I'm not english, I'm danish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jun 07, 2013 Jun 07, 2013

Your English is excellent.

I'm reminded of an international conference my brother-in-law went to.

Someone asked a question in bad English.

A pompous English person complained and said 'The language of this conference is English'

A Dane replied, 'No, the official language of this conference is broken English'.

~~~

By the 'old black one' I guess you mean ADE (Adobe Digital Editions) v1.7.2.

When ADE2.0 doesn't work, that is the one I usually suggest as it is much more reliable, but sounds as if you have

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Jun 07, 2013 Jun 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your English is excellent.

I'm reminded of an international conference my brother-in-law went to.

Someone asked a question in bad English.

A pompous English person complained and said 'The language of this conference is English'

A Dane replied, 'No, the official language of this conference is broken English'.

~~~

By the 'old black one' I guess you mean ADE (Adobe Digital Editions) v1.7.2.

When ADE2.0 doesn't work, that is the one I usually suggest as it is much more reliable, but sounds as if you have tried it.

Just in case, link below.

~~~

I suggest you

> Uninstall all copies of ADE.

> If you don't have safe copies of your books, make a backup of any books first.

> Check for any folder left behind and delete it. eg

1. C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Adobe\Adobe Digital Editions
  2. C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Digital Editions
  3. C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Digital Editions 2.0
  4. C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Adobe\Adobe Digital Editions 2.0
  5. C:\Users\<your Windows username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Digital Editions
  6. C:\Users\<your Windows username>\Documents\My Digital Editions

It may not be practicable to keep your old library structure, I don't know how important that is too you.

Similarly any notes and annotations.

> Try again ...

1. Reinstall ADE.  (I'd use 1.7.2 as more reliable, but 2.0 if there any new features you really need)
  2. Run ADE and remove any memory it may have of authorizations (ctrl-shift-D and respond to prompts)
    It often half remembers and confuses things.
  3. Restart ADE
  4. Authorize ADE with your Adobe ID.

held og lykke

~~~

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2013 Jun 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ohh thank you! You just saved my whole week full of train rides!

I had deleted everything in programs, appdata etc. but I can see I missed the folder in Documents!

It's working perfect now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines