2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 9, 2013 12:45 PM by Willam van Weelden

Feedback Form

Alchemex Level 1

I am running Robohelp 10 and producing Multiscreen HTML 5 output as well as .chm.  I am not a web developer but would like to add a topic which allows users to give feedback about the help file. Does anyone have sample HTML code I can use?

I used the code from a previous forum post to add a link at the bottom of each page (see below) but would like a separate form where I can ask specific questions and encourage more feedback.

<!-- .js file code starts here-->

//alert("made it into script");

// Get just the page name

var str = location.href.toString();

//var arr = str.split("::/");

var htm_page = str;

//

var mailSubject = 'Sage Intelligence Reporting Help File Feedback - ' + htm_page;

var mailBody = '[Type your comments here] \n\n\n\nMy comments apply to this page: ' + location.href;

var mailDisplay = 'Send Feedback on this Topic';

document.write('<a href="#">Back to Top</a> | <a href="mailto:<me@mycompany.com>' + '?subject=' + escape(mailSubject) + '&body=' + escape(mailBody) + '">' + mailDisplay + '</a>');

<!-- .js file code ends here-->

• 1. Re: Feedback Form
          Jeff_Coatsworth Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You might want to get in touch with Willam van Weelden (wvanweelden.eu) about doing this.

• 2. Re: Feedback Form
            Willam van Weelden Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What do you want the form to do? You can create a separate topic and create a form using RoboHelp. By default the form will simply use the client’s email to send the results to you. (And may inform the user of that with a dialog before sending.)

IF you want a form that submits the results from the server (the user doesn’t have to do anything in this case), you will need a server side script to process the form and send the results.

Greet,

Willam