3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 11, 2013 10:34 AM by jfb00

Multithread

jfb00 Level 3

Hi all,

I saw this article today without a date, maybe from 2012.

http://www.bytearray.org/?p=4423

Does anyone using this feature?

Does anybody has a simple example using multithread?

I have a form that makes a 10 different calls to the database using remote object and it is taking a lot of time to load because the amount of data to process.

I would like to make multiple calls at the same time.

Any help will be appreciate.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Multithread
          jfb00 Level 3

I found an interesting link:

http://cookbooks.adobe.com/post_Performance_tip__Use_multiple_duplicated_remote_ob-10663.h tml

I was reading and remote object has a property "concurrency" that for default is set to multiple calls at the same time, am i correct? or this mean something different?

My original code is:

<fx:Declarations>

<s:RemoteObject id="SM_RO" destination="ColdFusion" source="myApp.cfcs.myCFC" showBusyCursor="true" >

<s:method name="getProcessA" result="getProcessA_Handler(event)" fault="error_Handler(event)"/>

<s:method name="getProcessB" result="getProcessB_Handler(event)" fault="error_Handler(event)"/>

<s:method name="getProcessC" result="getProcessC_Handler(event)" fault="error_Handler(event)"/>

</s:RemoteObject>

</fx:Declarations>

When I do the calls as:

SM_RO.getProcessA(); result = 21 seconds

SM_RO.getProcessB(); result = 23 seconds

SM_RO.getProcessC(); result = 24 seconds

In the handlers I am doing just a trace on the time. They show in the same sequence even if i switch to call the processB first.

According to the link, my new code should run faster:

<fx:Declarations>

<s:RemoteObject id="SM_RO_A" destination="ColdFusion" source="myApp.cfcs.myCFC" showBusyCursor="true" >

<s:method name="getProcessA" result="getProcessA_Handler(event)" fault="error_Handler(event)"/>

<s:RemoteObject id="SM_RO_B" destination="ColdFusion" source="myApp.cfcs.myCFC" showBusyCursor="true" >

<s:method name="getProcessB" result="getProcessB_Handler(event)" fault="error_Handler(event)"/>

<s:RemoteObject id="SM_RO_C" destination="ColdFusion" source="myApp.cfcs.myCFC" showBusyCursor="true" >

<s:method name="getProcessC" result="getProcessC_Handler(event)" fault="error_Handler(event)"/>

</fx:Declarations>

The results:

SM_RO_A.getProcessA(); result = 24 seconds

SM_RO_B.getProcessB(); result = 24 seconds

SM_RO_C.getProcessC(); result = 24 seconds

I run the app at least 5 times and I am getting the same result.

Does anybody experience with this?

What am i doing wrong? Do I need to declare and run the code as action script to get better results?

Thanks

• 2. Re: Multithread
            jfb00 Level 3

More results:

Replacing s:RemoteObject with mx:RemoteObject the call drops 5 seconds.

In the remoteobjects I specifed concurrency="multiple", but still the same time.

If i add couple more calls or methods, the return is by 3 but the time is not reduce, time is added to this extra calls.

It is another way to make multi thread calls of the remote objects?

• 3. Re: Multithread
              jfb00 Level 3

I found this from Alex site:

http://blogs.adobe.com/aharui/2008/01/threads_in_actionscript_3.html

It is a way to use this class to make separate calls of the remote object at the same time?

Best,