What is your operating system? How did you install that update?
What do you mean "opened and disappeared"; it was deleted from your disk?
Thank you very much for responding to my problem.
Our operating system is Windows 7 (64). Adobe Reader was working fine until we got a suggestion from McAfee to upgrade it to version XI. After the upgrade, whenever we open our PDF file, the file just opened blank for about 3 seconds and disappeared (closed by itself). The PDF files were not deleted from the system, just unable to read as Abode Reader just closed itself.
We tried many options, such as:
1. Many restarts
2. Uninstalled and Reinstalled (as Administrator)
3. Reinstalled previous version (Adobe Reader X)
4. Disable McAfee
After all these tries and repeated a few times, still could not be able to read any PDF file (those were perfectly fine before yesterday upgrade to version XI).
Three things to try...
- Using Windows Explorer navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 11.0\Reader, then double-click on Eula.exe and accept the license agreement
- Can you open Adobe Reader by itself? If so, try disabling Protected Mode [Edit | Preferences | Security (Enhanced)].
- It could even be a malware issue; see http://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/reader-core-dll-error.html
Thank you very much for your help. I accepted Eula and it worked.