2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 8, 2013 7:21 AM by John T Smith

Settings to export for a DVD

webguy122ack

Hey all,

So I have footage that is 1920x1080, 23.976 fps, 48000hz sound.

And I want to make a DVD I will sell on Kunaki. Their discs are 4.7 gb,

...and their website says there ir DVDS are "they are duplicated DVDs (not eplicated DVDs), the DVD needs a AUDIO_TS folder, The total (combined video and audio) maximum bit rate should not exceed 6.5 megabits per second. (f) Some players have trouble with MPEG audio. Its best to use Dolby Digital (AC-3). (g) The disc should not contain more than 4.7 billion bytes." ...and I believe they are single layer DVDs.

What do you think? How should I export my videos? What format (h.264, mpeg2-dvd, etc, etc) ...and what settings/presets? ...I also want to make a DVD menu in Encore

Thanks so much for any help you can provide.

• 1. Re: Settings to export for a DVD
          RjL190365 Level 4

The only supported video format for a DVD that's playable on a standalone DVD player is "MPEG-2 DVD". Unfortunately, neither Premiere nor Encore creates an AUDIO_TS folder. And the default maximum video bitrate with most MPEG-2 DVD presets in Premiere is 7 Mbps - which already exceeds the 6.5 Mbps combined audio and video bitrate (and that 7 Mbps is for video alone, without audio).

As such, you will need to tweak the video bitrate settings in Premiere on export. Make sure that the maximum video bitrate plus whatever audio bitrate you choose for the AC3 (default is 192 Kbps) is no greater than 6.244 Mbps (I subtracted 256 Kbps from the 6.5 Mbps for a safety margin). You will also need to create an empty AUDIO_TS (sub)folder in the same folder as the location of the VIDEO_TS (sub)folder.

• 2. Re: Settings to export for a DVD
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The tutorial list in message #3 http://forums.adobe.com/message/2276578 may help