3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 7, 2016 5:54 PM by Alex-F

Premiere Elements to PS3 via USB

fishalot Level 1

Hi

I want to playback some videos that I have created on within Premiere Elements, but I would like to put them on a USB stick instead of burning them to a disk each time.

I believe that the USB stick needs to be formatted Fat32 and the PS3 plays the following formats:

• Memory Stick Video Format
      • - MPEG-4 SP (AAC LC)
      • - H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High Profile (AAC LC)
      • - MPEG-2 TS(H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, AAC LC)
      • MP4 file format
      • - H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High Profile (AAC LC)
      • MPEG-1 (MPEG Audio Layer 2)
      • MPEG-2 PS (MPEG2 Audio Layer 2, AAC LC, AC3(Dolby Digital), LPCM)
      • MPEG-2 TS(MPEG2 Audio Layer 2, AC3(Dolby Digital), AAC LC)
      • MPEG-2 TS(H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, AAC LC)
      • AVI
      • - Motion JPEG (Linear PCM)
      • - Motion JPEG (μ-Law)
      • AVCHD (.m2ts / .mts)
      • DivX
      • WMV
      • - VC-1(WMA Standard V2)

Any help would be much appreciated

I currently use PE11

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements to PS3 via USB
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

If your PS3 will play MP4s off a thumbdrive, I'd recommend you use Publish & Share/Computer/AVCHD with the YouTube HD preset to create your output file.

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements to PS3 via USB
            A.T. Romano Level 7

fishalot

Are menus part of your movie plans?

If so, I would mention that menus are not available for files saved to the computer hard drive; whereas, they are for burn to disc. The exception to this is the webDVD feature which in reality is a flash file to which you can apply one of the disc menu offerings.

By the way, what version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

Looking forward to your results since there are several instances where the result does not meet expectation with these sticks/USB Flash Drives in certain players.

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements to PS3 via USB
              Alex-F Level 1

Hello A.T. Romano,

Nice to meet you.

I have today read with interest when you wrote the following:

"... there are several instances where the result does not meet expectation with these sticks/USB Flash Drives in certain players."

I've been making DVD:s with Premiere Elements. And I am now embarking on a project to evaluate the possibility of making video in PRE for USB-memories instead. Could you elaborate what your findings are concerning your words above please? It would be most helpful. Is your experience or not that it is harder to make good video results on a USB-memory, than it's on a DVD-disc or a Bluray-disc?

Thank you.