3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 8, 2013 2:34 PM by A.T. Romano

importing from realplayer

Pressed Lizard

Can I import realplayer files into adobe premiere elements?

• 1. Re: importing from realplayer
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Pressed Lizard

Are you referring to Real Player and the products of its Convert feature?

http://asia.real.com/features/convert.html

What version of Premiere Elements do you have and on what computer operating system is it running?

To answer your question

Can I import realplayer files into adobe premiere elements?

one would need to know for starters the video and audio compressions and file extension used for the file that you want to use and if the formats are on the Premiere Elements Import Supported Formats list.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/premiereelements/using/WSeffff8bffc802084-1665492e133c9c19956- 8000.html

Remember ".wmv", ."avi", and such as just file extensions, formats that wrap the compression. What combos are important details.

Was your intent to save the RealPlayer converts to a hard drive save location and then import them into Premiere Elements 11 with Premiere Elements' Add Media into Project Assets or something else?

With more details, we can give you a specific rather than a generalized answer.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: importing from realplayer
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Personally, I wouldn't recommend using RealPlayer video in Premiere Elements, even if you can get it to work. Premiere Elements doesn't even like WMV video all that much, even though it's designed to work with it.

• 3. Re: importing from realplayer
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Pressed Lizard

I forgot to ask. Why is it necessary to put the Real Player into this video editing equation in the first place?

What are the problems importing what you have into Premiere Elements? And, what source media are you putting into the Real Player for conversion?

More details would be helpful.

I have not had any problems with .wmv video in Premiere Elements with the video and audio compression used.

ATR