3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 14, 2013 12:05 PM by the_wine_snob

do I needs seperate computers for editing and for internet?

bernardbussemaker Level 1

I hear that many troubles with Adobe editing on Windows are related to using Internet.

Is tha true? Do i need seperate computers for both applications?

Or can I have one computer and protect is against dangers from Internet to editing?

Bernard Bussemaker

• 1. Re: do I needs seperate computers for editing and for internet?
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Some people have separate computers, others do not (I only have 1 computer)

Some people DO have problems caused by anti-virus and/or firewall programs, others do not (I do not)

There is no simple "one size fits all" answer to your question

• 2. Re: do I needs seperate computers for editing and for internet?
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

On the other hand, there is no reason you can not edit video, check e-mail, surf the web, write a book and do your taxes on the same computer. Assuming it's a well-maintained computer, of course.

• 3. Re: do I needs seperate computers for editing and for internet?
              the_wine_snob Level 9

While having a 100% dedicated editing machine, I do not find it necessary, per the last line in Steve G's Reply above.

I use a laptop with about everything on it from e-mail, to accounting software. I commonly edit in PrE, PrPro, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, and a few other similar programs.

However, when doing major Projects in Premiere, I do turn OFF my anti-virus, anti-malware, anti-everything, to give Premiere the full compliment of resources, so during those sessions, I have zero Internet presence, and do not check e-mails. When done, I just turn those utilities back ON, and do other work.

If I find that, while editing, I do need to access the Internet, I am fortunate to have several other computers to do that.

Again, and as Steve G. points out, if the computer is powerful enough and well-maintained, there should be no issues. As always, practice safe computing, and if you find that you do need to turn protection OFF, then refrain from accessing the Internet, or your e-mail.

Good luck,

Hunt