2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 8, 2013 3:06 PM by teeronline

Drop Down Menu manipulation problem

teeronline Level 1

Hi, I have a dropdown Menu code for AS2 as the follow, this code is applied to a buttonOne on stage, and the buttonOne's next frame is the menu content.** No stop(); at any frame in the button movie.

onClipEvent(enterFrame){        // if the mouse IS over the menu ...

if (this.hitTest(_root._xmouse, _root._ymouse, true)) {     // if the menu is NOT fully open

if (this._currentframe<this._totalframes) {

nextFrame();        // go to the next frame of the menu opening sequence

}

} else {            // if the mouse is NOT over the menu

if (this._currentframe>1) {               // if the menu is NOT fully closed

prevFrame();               // play the previous frame of the menu opening sequence

}

}

***on the next frame, I have  a buttonUp and a movie text1, buttonUp has code as the follow:

on(rollOver) {

onEnterFrame = function (){

text1._y -=4;}    // so text1 would move up when pressed.

}

on(rollOut) {

delete this.onEnterFrame;

}

****NOW****, what I need is to make buttonOne work as a Press button instead of Rollover button, and when pressed, next frame will remain on stage even when mouse move away ( I will apply a close window button later on).

My problem right now is, I can change the first part of the code to :

on(press){

gotoAndStop(2);  //or something like that

}

while put stop();  on both frames in the movie, but then by doing this would remove the funtionality on

onEnterFrame = function (){

text1._y -=4;} 

so text1 don't move at all if there is a stop(); applied to that current frame. I tried a few methods but none work, tried to search the web but all the tutorials I found are all Rollover type drop down menu.